Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know Hosting a website these days can get quite expensive. What i am wanting to know is How many of you Great People who frequent this forum would be willing to donate 1 dollar to help with the upkeep on this forum. The money donated would be used to keep the forum up and running,maybe even get a faster server and more web space. So i ask again. How many would be willing to donate a dollar to the forum fund thru Paypal? Thanks Bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
someone needs to find a way to make some stickers orsumptin real cheap....then mark up the price about 300% and make a good profit for the site....

Give next year chance before we all give up...​

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'm curious to see how this one comes out...

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Although I voted the 'you betcha' category, I'm not a big fan of just giving cash to strangers. I don't do it with my friends and family so I don't think much of doing to others.

With that said, I PM'd Polaris-man and Erick quite a while back with an idea where us board users could solicit our local shops for a little "som'in som'in". Like gift certificates or small useful snowmobile items and each week/month have a random user draw. At least that's what we don on my streetbike board.

and to keep if fair they simply ensure that the users are posting online and not just loggin in with brand new ids.

Those are just my suggestions. Not trying to change the idea of the original post.

cheers!

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this wouldnt be to me it would be giving it to Erick to pay for site hosting and all that stuff

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bobinwi:
this wouldnt be to me it would be giving it to Erick to pay for site hosting and all that stuff

[/quote]

To some of us Erick (AND Pman) are just strangers...

No offence guys.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
in a small way i can see what eveyone is saying about the whole stranger thing, i mean come on, its just a buck, id be willing to do it, ive chatted with these two quite often since joining the ranks here at fanatics, and i would say in my honest opinion that i would feel completely comfy sending a dollar off to help the site, and i think bobby has a great suggestion. you guys buy soda pops that cost a dollar or more, and your giving your money to strangers, so where is the problem?? besides maybe we could get that 10 10 220 comercial changed as well, "what can i do with a buck?" well you could use 10 10 220, or donate it to one of the fastest growing site dedicated to snowmobiling.....SNOWMOBILE FANATICS....

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very well said Xltman very well said. Infact when erick and i were talking about it i said pretty much all a buck can buy ya these days is a 20 minute phone call with 10-10-220 we both got a laugh out of it. I actually thought i would see alot bigger turn out then i have seen from this and it is actually quite depressing personally. Erick,Intended,P-Man,Xltman and every other person who helps with forum works damn hard to keep this site running. I know if i were the one running the forum it would have been closed if i couldnt somehow get anyhelp from outside to help keep it running. This is the greatest snowmobile forum on the net. period. any other sled forum has bashing left and right i know i was once part of them all. this site is plain and simple the best anyone will find unless they are the type of person that likes bashing then they can go to one of the other forums. Like has been said NO BASHING ALLOWED. Thats why it depresses me to see that not that many people are willing to help. i know as soon as erick has the paypal account set up im donating a 20. I use his webspace to store pics, vent, ask questions ect ect ect. sorry if this is so long winded but it is truley disturbing to me that so few people are willing to participate. And to those that want to help Thank you From Me , Erick , P-Man and the rest of us devoted Forum members

bobby

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'm with bob, although I'm not going to be complaining about anything. Anyway, I do think that 1 dollar isn't a big deal, even to give to strangers. I mean, you can very easily drop a 1 dollar bill or a loonie (for the Canadians
) in the street. I didn't know Erick, I met him online, I have sent him money and cds, he's sent me cds, we've met at snocross races twice now, xltman and intended have both mailed me stuff in the past. So I don't see what the big deal is with 1 dollar.

I am not begging for money or anything, but if we had more we could increase website space, more pics could be uploaded, and stuff.

I made this feature poll, maybe it will get more action now.

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Personally I love this site!!! Always good info, good people and especially good administration! So with that said I have NO problem donating a dollar or two to help the cause, just let me know when this will all take place.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
How big are you guys looking to get? Like the size of the SnoWest forums? Those are huge!

-Dean

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
personally i would love to be as big as snow wests forums. your right they are huge.but problems with such big forums is that the bigger they get the more bashing occours.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I responded to the poll that I'd definately be willing to contribute, but I might as well say it here as well. If you don't mind me asking, just how much money do you guys have tied up in this site?

Some of the info I've gotten here I KNOW has saved me hundreds of dollars in repair bills.

So a buck?!? Heck, no problem at all. I appreciate all the time and effort thats put into this site and see no reason not to support it financially.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
One of you two guys (P-Man or Erick) set up a paypal account and just make the Donations optional but if you give over 5 bucks or something then you get some stickers in the mail or something. I have a connection that we can get stickers (single color high quality vinyl) for cheap. I know I would be willing to give money, especially if it means faster speeds (the forums are sooo slow now)

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, but I kinda like the group of guys ( AND GALS) that are here. Everyone is very friendly, and I wouldn't like to see a bunch of a$$holes come here and screw it up. Now its not my place to say, but I personal wouldn't want this site to become really big with as many people as some of the other sites I have visited. I would be happy to donate money, but since I don't have a credit card, or a job at the moment, I don't think that I would be able to pay on an regular basis. If I had the extra pocket change, this would be the first place I would spent it. But I wouldn't want to be left out because I can't pay the fee.

my 10 cents.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sledhead Just because you cant donate doesnt mean you will be left out and dont try to think of it as a fee either. IA that is one great idea. im all for that. Ive got a bunch of printing places around here that makes stickers also and could look into some prices but if you can get them done cheap then hell might as well do that

bobby

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Whoa, hold up here, we are NOT going to become a pay site. No "fee". This is all about donations. If you don't want to, nobody will care.

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No i dont want a pay site either that would be like the dealers paying you to fix your sled. even tho that would be nice its never gonna happen

bobby

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
This site will never be a pay site. An another note, I highly doubt I will ever advertise here, unless it is for p-man's site or some special deal that is going on here. I hate advertising like pop-up ad's, etc... that keep coming back. It slows down the internet and they are annoying as hell.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Bobinwi, I can, and will donate as much as I can afford. I was just saying that I would not be able to keep up with a fee. But I happy there won't be one.

Anyways, I'm glad that there will be no advertising, and I support the donation idea.

Good Job Guys!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME

1 - 20 of 88 Posts