Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys i got the motor out of the sno pro for free i had a 370 (slow) and was hoping the 440 would make a difference looks like it will now i need to get a clutch kit anybody know of any good clutch kits for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Call goodwin performance for the clutching! They rock! Sled will be much more fun with the 440 they have great low end for a fan

·
Registered
762 Posts
68 H.P. is in my head as well. My dad has 2, they are very fast for a fan, but don't plan on beating anyone in a drag race with them. They kick a$$ on the trails though, most reliable sled we've had so far besides our phazer. The only bad thing about the 01's...is that they have the cross link suspension (I think they fans do as well)...it was total junk, plan on collapsing the rear shock if your going to be jumping it or riding hard at all.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Originally posted by snopro879
[br]68 H.P. is in my head as well. My dad has 2, they are very fast for a fan, but don't plan on beating anyone in a drag race with them.
dont say that. i was able to hold my own against a pro x 600 untill the 3 or 400 foot mark. these 440's launch like noones buisness

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^Unless they are in a Panther like my dads, that thing is a pig. I have heard that with minor stuff like pipe and can, and some minor tuning, you can get like 72-75 HP.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats a good pilot jet and main jet to run in this sled im just wondering because i have heard that these sleds are good for motor melt downs... thanks guys you have been alot of help

·
Registered
762 Posts
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]the only ones that were bad for motor meltdowns is the liquids. the fans are much more reliable.
Yes, because everyone thinks you can trail ride a race sled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts