Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am always trading sleds for different sleds. I usually find deals so abundant that i havet o choose who to trade with! So i am starting this post so that i can ask what people think of a deal, and if i am getting the better part of a deal or not. I usually am, but would like to get some people's input. This won't jsut be about one sled deal, but about whatever new ones i come across. Please check regularly, so you can see new deals.
thanks everyone!

Deal #1- my clutched 02 super sport 550 for a jetted, piped, clutched 99 SRX 700?
Deal #2- my 96 mach z 780 for a 98 formula 583?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mach z has bad track- lugs are worn. Also has hole in one pipe. Missing limiter straps.
Super sport has rip in seat, and lugs are also pretty low.

SRX needs windshield.
583 has crack in front hood.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Srx just sold, for 800 bucks. breaks my heart, thats my dream sled.
[AngryBig]

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, makes me mad. But i can get a 99 SRX 600, for 900 bucks....

·
Registered
564 Posts
Im not much for Yamer hammers, but I have friends that have put 11 000 or so on there srx and had no probs besides rebuilding the carbs, they are a fun sled to ride, just not my style. The 583 on the other hand is another Ski Doo bullet proof motor. I dont know much about the 780's are they triples??? but I would say the 583 is deff a good trade. That motor has been tested time and time again and proven its worth to me and my riding group.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thats too bad the srx sold. I saw it on craigslist and it looked like a pretty solid sled.

My dads buddy has a 2001 srx 700 that is absolutely flawless. My old man had a 1998 srx 700 (which is why his buddy got one, because he liked it soo much) but my dad had to sell it because of his divorce. It was his favorite sled.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
My dad had a 2000 SXr ( SRX basically with a different hood and non-powervalved motor ). Very reliable, and very fast. Can't beat the reliability of a yammi triple either!

I would have taken both deals.

And when you say jetted, do you mean he went to a sled shop and got a few jets that were a size or two smaller than stock so it would run leaner and make a little more power?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
In my opinion i think you should look for a deal like this:

Mach Z + SuperSport + Indy's + Thundercat = 2004+ Rev or Polaris!!!!

But i would have tooken deal #1, not #2

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
sledcrusher said:
My dad had a 2000 SXr ( SRX basically with a different hood and non-powervalved motor ). Very reliable, and very fast. Can't beat the reliability of a yammi triple either!

I would have taken both deals.

And when you say jetted, do you mean he went to a sled shop and got a few jets that were a size or two smaller than stock so it would run leaner and make a little more power?
The SXr and SRX cannot even be compared when talking about engines. The SRX is an entire different animal. Not to mention the SRX come factory with triple pipes vs. the SXr which comes with a 3 into 1 setup.

Too bad you couldnt get your hands on that, it was a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
To bad the srx is sold would of made a great lake runner.

·
Registered
564 Posts
hahaha, not to many people seem to favor the 583, I know it sounds rough stepping down from a 780? basically an 800 to a 583, but that motor was in sleds probably twice as long as that 780, It is really fast for an old style motor, they had those in mach 1's since the early 80's, the engines are just fast

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jesse500 said:
In my opinion i think you should look for a deal like this:

Mach Z + SuperSport + Indy's + Thundercat = 2004+ Rev or Polaris!!!!

But i would have tooken deal #1, not #2
I'm working on it! got some lined up, but that's another situation.

SO what is the general idea about the 583 for mach z? Yes, it is a triple.

EDIT- I broke the record for least amount of time owning a sled yesterday. I got a 90 safari 377 for free, and traded it in less than two hours for a indy 440.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If someone feels like it, they can tell me what they think the value of my sleds are. They are listed in my signature. Only sleds i'm not getting rid of are my indy 500 and mach 1.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
02 Supersport-1200 max, but thats me, and ive seen the pics, and its beat
2000 trail touring-1200 max
99 F3- 1200
99 SKS=1500 max
98 Cougar-1000
97XCF-1000
mach Z 780=1200
Thundercat-1000, yours needs some work right??
Indy 440=5-800 bucks
citation-couple hundred
86 indy trail-2-400
bravo-not much, lol

Those are just the prices i would pay for those sleds. Older indys arnt worth much to me.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
02 Supersport-1200 max, but thats me, and ive seen the pics, and its beat
2000 trail touring-1200 max
99 F3- 1200
99 SKS=1500 max
98 Cougar-1000
97XCF-1000
mach Z 780=1200
Thundercat-1000, yours needs some work right??
Indy 440=5-800 bucks
citation-couple hundred
86 indy trail-2-400
bravo-not much, lol

Those are just the prices i would pay for those sleds. Older indys arnt worth much to me.
Yeah, plus you're far away, so prices will be a little different.
I see sleds older and worse condition than mine with higher prices on craigslist, but you never know. I just saw a stock 98 cougar going for 2000 yesterday, and mine has the M-10 in it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts