Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think I can get out of my sled, Its a 95 xcr 600, its got a brand new rebuilt motor last year with only one short trip on motor, it has psi pipes, wiseco pistons, cylinders are bored, 40mm carbs, clutched, and its ported and polished, the motor was rebuilt by a guy who is very smart and it cost me 1400 dollars, but i know he did a good job, he has always been good to us. The sled cost me 500 dollars with the blown motor, but i have over 2400 in it now with all the mods, which 2400 is alot of money for the sled but i beat my brothers 01 800 xc sp with clutching done to it. here are some pics,
[attachment=47881] [attachment=47878]
[attachment=47875] [attachment=47874]
[attachment=47873] [attachment=47870]
[attachment=47870] [attachment=47869]
[attachment=47867] [attachment=47866]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Its worth more parted out I'm sad to say. I have had a few nice sleds that won't bring 1,500 dollars complete, but will bring 2G's plus parted. I would say if it is a friday and the snow is falling you are talking what you paid for the rebuild. That was an expensive rebuild. Always very hard to recover money for mods....You are better off taking the goodies off and converting back to stock as much as you can then selling the sled and the goodies. You could still get around 12 to 15 for the sled and the extra money from the goodies.
Thanks for the comment on my white XLT, I loved that sled and put a billion miles on it.
You can go to www.snowmobileauction.com and see what they are going for at auction. It won't be pretty though.
I allways say that when the snow is falling and people have a paycheck or Christmas bonus in there wallet sleds will sell 10x better. So if your thinking about selling now is the time to do it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i'll throw a number out there of probably $1,500 if you get the right buyer. otherwise maybe not that much. modified and rebuilt old sleds are tough.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Did the guy drilled out the oil passages in the crankcase to allow more oil get to the bearings? If he had not, he should have, especially with PSI pipes like yours, is a high revver (9.2k) I know because I had the exact same sled as yours. I have to agree with customized89trail & dodger. WL

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I would also say $1500.

These motors need to be rebuilt correctly as mentioned above. The oil hole needs to be drilled out as well as a double wide PTO bearing needs to be put in.
Also with triple pipes, you should be running a triple EGT gauge, not the single one that is in your pics. That only reads 1 of the 3 cylinders.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info guys, i was hoping to get 2000 for it, which i know is a very high price for this sled, i cant sell it for that low of a price(1500) because i have too much in it, and there isnt many miles on it, its just i wanted to update to a gen 2 or edge chassis sled, but i guess ill just ride it for a year or two more, and then sell it or part it out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you think i'll get more out of it if i put an extra-10 in it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately pretty much no matter what you do to it, the value isn't going to go past that $1500 mark. It is a '95 XCR, a lot of people are going to be scared of the mods, and those who aren't are looking for either a cheap sled or a newer chassis such as you are. Even at the 15 mark, you are still going to be waiting for the right buyer.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I agree...and I thin 1500 may be a stretch. But you never know.

One thing I have learned is all the mods and updates you put into things, cars, trucks, bikes etc..... hold little to know meaning to most. You can advertise new this, new that...but in reality, its supposed to have working parts on it anyways, new or old.

Case in point I bought from a member here a 96 xlt sp, reverse, elec start... for 900 bucks. I put new track and seat and some quality time into it. It does not have a crack in the hood or any mods...and I have 1500 into it. I doubt very well I could get 1500 for it, and its MINT.

Heck last year I only paid 1250 bucks for a 98 xc700 studded, mint as well....but that was a steal and I knew the fella I got it from.

Everything is buyer dependant, you could ask 500 or 5k and if someone is willing to pay, then there ya go.

It doesnt hurt to advertise that sled at a high price, ya just never know.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What does a stock xcr 600 put out for hp?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the guy that rebuilt my motor built this sled he told me my sled is putting out low 140's easy, he said it might even be into the 150 horse range, its fast, how do you put videos on here so i can show you guys this sled and how fast it is

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
That guy is full of it. Sounds like he doesn't know much, so I'll bet the rebuild wasn't done correctly. Especially when he put a single temp gauge on a triple piped sled.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the guy did it back in 95, there was 3 gauges in it but the guy that had it before me took them off and sold them, im probably going to put 2 more in but i dont know how long im going to have the sled

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
You can buy 1 one gauge that has all three temp gauges on it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i know but i dont want to spend 400 dollars on a triple egt gauge, because the only triple egt gauges i found are digital, id love to have digital gauges but can't afford it, is there any triple gauges i could find for 150 dollars, i dont care if its used as long as it works good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts