Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how much gas you guys burn while out ridding ,, mind you i know we don't all ride the same ,, but just to give me a idead if my sled is good on gas or not , cause i've been out SEVERAL times this year and out of all my buddies (arctic cat buddys,hehe), i'm the one with the best millage, and i've got a t-cat 1000.
When she get's down near the Empty , i usualy put in 20$ canadian a 88cents/litre and get about 70 to 100 miles depending if it's trail ridding or not

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm not sure what's considered good either. Generally, you look at kind of miles per gallon your getting. Mid teens is pretty good, IMO.

I did get 117 miles on my xltsp a few years ago. Of course we were lost in northern Wisconsin at the time. 2:00am and no real idea where we were, we ended up doing a big loop, then we realized what happened when we started seeing some the same sh!t again. Got straighened out, and fortunally all made it back to Brule, WI ok. Last 20 miles I was doing a steady pace to conserve fuel. Tank was running on fumes.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I get 10 or less on my xc440...10 gallon tank so anything over 85-90 miles is pushing it. I've done the same thing as you pigboy...moving real steady with the throttle barely open to conserve that last drop

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
AHHHH!!! 88 cents a litre!! Thats horible.. Its around 75 here and thats high...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah 75 cents is for regular 87 octane ,, i only put 92 octane in my sled ,, that's why it's so damn high, what a differnce eh

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and i've got Q5 tubings in my carbs as well as 450 main jets,, so the gas is just streaming , heheh and still manage to get reasonable millage

·
Registered
749 Posts
i burn a tank in about 80 miles.(7.5 us gallon tank) on my indy trail. Went sleddin' last weekend and rode a 1999 zl 500. What a screamer!! reved 9100 rpm's and burnt 25$ gas in 45 miles.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
holly shit , was that zl ever burning gas, either she was running WAY to rich ,, or you had it floor the whole time, ehheh
9100rpm ,, never seen something rev that high without it being a clutch problem ,, get em to check that out

·
Registered
328 Posts
i get anywhere from 33km to over 115km per tank (10gallon tank) we're lucky here to have about 15 gas stations really close, keeps the price down aroun 59.9-65.5 cents a litre canadian (cheap stuff)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
On the trail I average around 10mpg, When riding in deep powder I have burned 12 gals in 55 miles.
Acadian 450 main jets on a T-Cat? Do you have aftermarket carbs? I am running 340's and that is one size rich for -20 at sea level. The round slides ran those size jets but the 2000 and newer sleds have TM flatslides and they run much smaller jets.

·
Registered
227 Posts
12.2 mpg. '01 800. The clutch kit helped out considerably, before it was 10.6 mpg. Acadian, you can't be close to stock?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Last weekend my buddies and I went of for a ride... We all started off with a full tank.. The 2 2002 mxz 800's were both bone dry and we were all half full!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I got 70 miles with about a half tank, because when i re-filled i put in 5.2 galons. This was while trail riding last weekend and i started with a full tank. I was driving average trail speeds, but i also did a couple high speed passes on a lake. That makes about 13 mpg! This is with my 440 xcr. Wow, that's even better than the 12 mpg i got with my old '90 indy 500.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2003 800ho HighMark rode everything, fast, slow up/down hills and 3 feet of powder. I got a good 12 miler per gallon, I was pleased..[:D]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah 2000TCMC i've got 39.5MM carbs ,, but have 450 jets because of my Q5 tubings ,, usually in 38MM carbs , the tubings are Q-0 or Q-4 ,, but since i got bigger carbs i had to let more gas flow. And i'm completly stock j-2-800, my 1000 engine hasn't been touched ,, just had the clutch worked on ,, that's it ,, 121"track with 192 woody's, only run 92 octane. And i think it's a 10 gallon tank on my 97 t-cat, not sure

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have gotten 100 miles out of a tank of gas on my 700 RMK trail riding. Deep snow mountain riding I have gotten as little as 40 miles to a tank of gas. Riley

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have gotten 100 miles out of a tank of gas on my 700 RMK trail riding. Deep snow mountain riding I have gotten as little as 40 miles to a tank of gas. Riley

1 - 20 of 24 Posts