Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does the oil reservoir hold on a 97 Ultra? It seems like I'm going through way to much oil to a tank of gas. It looks like I'm using over half the container on a tank of gas and the pump is set to factory recommendations

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
How much oil do you have to put in when you fill your gas up? You want close to a litre of oil per tank of gas. That would be around 45:1, 50:1 is recommended. So you need to figure out how much oil you use per tank of gas to determine your ratio.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
That sounds about normal. I had an ultra and it would go from full to the oil light coming on it 100 miles.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That seems like an awful lot. It seems to be using more than a quart in a tank. How much does it hold? I would be able to figure it out then?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]That sounds about normal. I had an ultra and it would go from full to the oil light coming on it 100 miles.
I ran 120 miles and my oil light came on last season.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 96 Ultra RMK drinks the oil as well. I guess more oil is better than no oil....right???I think I add just about a litre per tank. On warm days if jetted rich....more or course.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I go through just over half my oil reservoir for a whole tank of gas.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'm not used to a tripple! How much does the tank hold?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I would say it hold close to 3qts.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much is the reserve? It looks like I'm using close to 2 quars a tank then.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only one problem. No snow!!!! I'm going up north after Christmas and I don't want to have to adjust it. I should have paid attension when we had snow.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I hear ya. I see my trip to Rhinelander weekend after next fading quickly. As well as my New year's trip. What a bust.

I definately wouldn't want to get down under the hood on the side of the trail to adjust that thing. Bad placement.

Bryan

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why are your trips fading away? I thiught there was a good base up there. I plan on going to minaqua or however its spelled

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But I don't want to wait!!!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Are the marks lining up on the pump and arm.... I will tell you guys how the snow is. AS my mom and dad live up there. I am going up the 25th.

If anything give me your #'s and I will call and tell ya how stuff is....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts