Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much snow you need to have in your area before they open it up to riding.

We need 30" to 3' here before they will consider opening it to snowmobiles.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I like to weight till the grounds completely covered with no bare spots.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
it all depends, right now we take what we get and rip it up when we can, if we waited for a certain amount we be waitin awhile i assume, but as long as snow is ont he ground, i can find a place to ride, even if its just in circles in my yard

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
if there is white amongst the brown, that's good enough.

lol

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Just enough to keep the sliders from burning up and it's good to go!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well to rip around on the lakes and fields, we just need enough to lube the slides 1-2 inches. But to ride the trails without hitting stumps and rocks, we like to see at least a foot. Remember, most of out trails are through the woods, and power lines, so we need more snow to filter down to the forest floor.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
here in wisconsin they will not open the trails till there is ATLEAST 6 inches on the ground but that gets used up quick and they are closed again

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't sound like you have as many forest fairies where you live. Alaska is a great place to live but the enviromentalist want to make sure that you don't bend a blade of grass when you get off the trail. The fights we have to continually have just to keep areas open is rediculous.

THINK LOTS OF DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP SNOW!
I need it just so I can ride.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY TRAILS

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
They would have fun following me around for a day, they would all have a heart attack, there ain't to much grass in the spring at our camp lets just put it that way.
(Studs, and grass dont mix, especially with 125 HP+ pushing them.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts