Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much snow fell out in Ashtabula county? I haven't seen any weather reports yet today. I hope to go out with my son on Sunday to a friends farm and do some riding.

·
Registered
233 Posts
We've got about 12" on top of about a 5" to 6" base. Trails are decent, but the ground is still soggy underneath so there's some pretty muddy spots, overall though you should be good to go. I was out last night, today, and am going back out after I finish dinner tonight. See you on the trails !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went out on the 21st for a couple hours but there wasn't much snow where we were, only about 4-5 inches. I take I90 to rt45 exit then travel several miles from there to get to the farm....not sure exactly what part of Ashtabula that is.....guess I'll have to ask my friend who owns the farm. Where abouts is Montville?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Montville is actually in Geauga County, but we border Ashtabula County to the East. We have the highest average anual snowfall in Ohio, hence the title Snow Capital of Ohio. Right now we've plenty of snow. I've been out everyday but Tuesday since Friday. Also Montville has no laws prohibbiting riding snowmobiles on Township roads. Saturday is the Montville Highlanders Pig Roast, and it's a good bet most of us will be riding in. We have about 28 miles of trails, and membership is only $30.00 a year.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticOhio
[br]Montville is actually in Geauga County, but we border Ashtabula County to the East. We have the highest average anual snowfall in Ohio, hence the title Snow Capital of Ohio. Right now we've plenty of snow. I've been out everyday but Tuesday since Friday. Also Montville has no laws prohibbiting riding snowmobiles on Township roads. Saturday is the Montville Highlanders Pig Roast, and it's a good bet most of us will be riding in. We have about 28 miles of trails, and membership is only $30.00 a year.

Who owns/operates the 28 miles of trails that you ride on, and where can they be accessed from? I have been looking for some trails to ride on in Ohio. Any information that you can give would be a really big help, thank you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The trails are operated and maintained by The Montville Highlanders Snowmobile Club. The trails are open to all members, and cot $30.00 per year in dues. Membership also allows access to all Ohio State Snowmobile Association Club trails. We connnect with the Thompson LedgeRunners, Grand River, West Geauga, and other clubs. Together we have over 200 miles of trails including the Greenway Trail. Our meetings are held at the Plank Road Tavern located on SR 6 200 ft. East of SR 86. Meetings are evey 2nd Wed of the month at 7:30 Pm. PM me for further details, membership is open to EVERYONE ! (who HAS $30.00 )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts