Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did and quick search and couldn't find anything... I was curious do you guys think frozen ground with 4 to 5 inches of snow is enoguh to ride in? I wanna go up north and ride tommorow and the next day but im not sure if this is enough... thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
whatever you feel comfortable with your sled in.. some people say 3 inches.. some say 3 foot! its al lup to you. i personally think about 4 inches is good. as long as your not on a road. if you do a search it hink you'll find a topic like this with lots of awnsers.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
yes, ride it...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Just amazes me how often this is asked. Like arcticcatinc said it really depends on your personal preference. With your sled, ride it!! I'll ride 3" with my small sled but won't get the big sled out unless there is at least 8".

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
i am going to say 6-8 inches for my sled. but if there is 3inches out there and the weather man is not calling for more snow then ill ride on that. now if it comes to trails i want at least a foot and a good 6 inch base.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i would love to have 4 inches now...i would ride it!!! i prefer more but heck how can you not ride it if thats all you got and are gonna get

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
3-4 inches...pack it down for some base,anything on top of that is gravy........

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
As long as I have enough to keep the sliders wet and some to kick up on the heat exchangers, I'll ride it. Which in some cases is less than 3", but I've also only got a 3/4" track.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Once it is packed down you wont feel all the bumps any more but at first you gonna be basicly riding on the normal ground so be careful and watch out for rocks. There is more then enough to cool the sliders and heat exchangers so go ahead and ride have fun!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
i'll ride dirt.. I just don't because I don't like repairing my sled.. 3" is enough I'd say.. but, it's all a matter of opinion.. I new someone who wouldn't ride on ice..

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'de prefer 5-8 inches, but having the new fusion waiting and the lack of snow I'll ride on 3", just cant wait haha!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I ride on wet grasss, I mean is not like we get snow at our normal times anymore. Just a preference everyone is different. I know ppl that wont ride tell theres a foot or something close, all ride if theres 2-3 inches sometimes less. All ride trails that are down to 2 inches and have lots of dirt and stuff showing.. I figure carbides and sliders are cheap and sometimes it may be my only ride of the year if the weathers bad.

·
Registered
999 Posts
NONE! Who said you needed snow!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
4 or 5 ft of base, is what i feel comfortable riding in....the kitties track likes to go deep...so i need it...3 inches..thats sounds so sketchy....wouldn't even try it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
In illinios there must be at least 4" on the ground or the trails close!! I'll ride on anything though!!! I thought wisconsin needs 4" to open up also???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts