Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Any amount, just so you keep snow on the hifax and coolers. Look out for rocks too.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My general rule of thumb I try to follow is one foot....although this year I kinda broke that rule but yeah, I say a foot.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
As long as everything is white. My general rule of thumb is 4". If I were to wait until we had a foot on the ground I would'nt be able to do much riding in the area where I live.

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
948 Posts
Kind of a vague question really. Some ride straight on grass with no snow. Just need to concern with cooling and lubrication as erick wrote. If you don't know the area then even 24" of fresh powder can be dangerous. Think about the elusive stump that is 20" high. Sure enough when you go over that in light fluffy stuff, you'll feel it. Skid plates help for that sort of thing. Flat trail riding, known area, no foreign objects, 6" would rock.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Damn Guys,
Must be nice they won't let us ride here until we have 30-36" of snow. Ok I ride on the lake with a lot less but nothing else opens up.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
278 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by 2000TCMC:

Damn Guys,
Must be nice they won't let us ride here until we have 30-36" of snow. Ok I ride on the lake with a lot less but nothing else opens up.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team[/quote]

Must be nice to have that much snow on the ground at once. That's the total for a year in Northern IL.

RtkatZL8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts