Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my dad and i had a "discussion" and how much snow do you guys think is necessary to take the sled around the yard acouple times? my dad says 2 feet i say 6 inches.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would say you can ride with 6" if there is a good enough base below it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
That depends on whether the ground is frozen or not.

If the ground is frozen, 2 inches would do, but if the ground is thawed, then you'll need at least 12 inches.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i agrre with the six to 8 inches

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well. i would say as long a s the ground is white GO FOR IT!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
frozen solid ground with about an inch base. i ask because in my yard weve got about a 1 and a half inch base and were expecting 4-6 inches of snow tonight. i kinda want some input before i try to prove my dad wrong. ive put $600+ in my sled this summer and its december and ive got a mile and a half on so far this year im kinda pi$$ed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
How many poeple are members of this site? That just about how many answers you will get. I say as long as the ski's safely turn the sled, theres enough snow to lube the hyfax, and I won't tear up the yard beyond repair (frozen ground helps in this area).....Go for it! I may not last!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]frozen solid ground with about an inch base. i ask because in my yard weve got about a 1 and a half inch base and were expecting 4-6 inches of snow tonight. i kinda want some input before i try to prove my dad wrong. ive put $600+ in my sled this summer and its december and ive got a mile and a half on so far this year im kinda pi$$ed.
don't count on it i am in MN too and they said that we were supposed to get snow today starting at 8am and going to 1am tommorow and we haven't seen a flurrie! it still says that we are going to get a few snow showers tonight but i gave up b/c i was so excited for today. maybe they won't give you bs like us.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ground is frozen and it is powder, 4"
Ground is frozen and it is wet snow, 3"
Not frozen and powder, 6"
Not frozen and wet snow, 4"

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Polarisperson and I just got back from snowmobiling today.
The snow is perfect around here we have about 3ft of powder in places and there is a hard base on the bottom to.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well my dad took the keys and said if you wanan ride so darn bad hot wire the stupid sled. so it sits for now thanxs for the input you guys. btu i have some very good news we now have 1 more snowmobiler to add to the family. my sister jenny lash night had a baby boy named thor he's 9 pounds 1 ounce and 22 1/4 inches long. he was born last night at 2:45

·
Registered
433 Posts
lol, so hotwire the sled

Kevin

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]well my dad and i had a "discussion" and how much snow do you guys think is necessary to take the sled around the yard acouple times? my dad says 2 feet i say 6 inches.
I would say an inch or 2. That's right.. LOL!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no kevin its nto really about the riding anymore with my dad its about the trust he trusts me not to ride so basically if i wanan do anything in the next week the sled stays parked.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
2 ft wtf man thast liek hamerdown lets go hit the powerlines for me..lol once i can drive through the snoow on my sled any not ground showw (usually about 8in) its out

·
Registered
284 Posts
hey he said u could hot wire it... He didnt say u couldnt ride it... so there is ur answer....

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well im not going to ride now cuz i was looking at the sled today and noticed i have some pulled through studs that i get to deal with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts