Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear from folks who've done it. I'm trying a 1.75 and it seems to me like a no go. Even with the 8 tooth drivers.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Most I have ever seen is 1.5" and with that he had to do some triming near the upper heat exchangers.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i have a 1.25 and i had to clip the track so i didn't have to take out my tunnel protectors. im not 100% sure but 1.5 you need 8 tooth drivers and im not sure if a 1.75 will fit with out lowering the skid, with like a drop bracket.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I have a 1.5" on my 96 XLT SP...fits with room to spare, I think i could slip a 1.75 under it no problem. Stock drivers too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmm
This 1.75" is tight against the tunnel and the forward bulkhead and the heat exchanger at the bottom. This is a 95' 500EFI sks.
It looks like a 1.5 might go, but hate to buy another track and have it be to tight in there. Kinda worried that at speed the track would be thrown off the drivers a bit and rub slightly. I need to find a 1.5 to borrow and try to fit it up before I go find one I guess. Otherwise I'll have to find a 1.25 to be safe.

Thanks for all the input

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I just hung a 1 3/4 under the 1997 SKS. It had the stock 1 inch track when I bought it and the suspension was mounted in the top holes in the rear of the sled. When I replaced the suspension I put the bolts in the same holes in the rear (top) and I had a rub. I dropped to the lower rear mounting holes and walla! it worked awesome. So if you don't have two sets of rear holes you would have to rivet a set of drop brackets on. I have plenty of room up front by the exchanger. Big lugs were not too common back in 95.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put a 136 x 1.75 into my 98 600 XC, and I'm still using the stock drivers. I just had to notch the lugs to clear the heat exchangers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed a 144" x 2" lug under my 98 XC 6. I did have to drop the rear skid and notch the track to clear the heat exchangers.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I had a 1.5 inch on my 1995 XCR 600. The lugs were not notched and even with the suspension mounted in the lowest holes it would still rub very little on the tunnel right above the drivers. I rode it for about 800 miles like that and it just began to rub into the track where the wear stripes were. No big problem. If only I would have kept that track for the EDGE X. I regret that majorly.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
didnt most xcs have a different chaincase then most wedge chassis? i think the center to center on the shafts was different, was this to accomadate a taller lug?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I installed a 1.25 ripsaw in a 95 xcr600, a 1 inch in a 95 xlt xtra12, and a 1.25 in a 95 xcr, each sled, I had to REMOVE the tunnel protectors, or notch the new 400.00 tracks to miss the tunnel protectors. Your choice, but depends on if you plan on studding sleds????if you are going to stud, I would suggest a 1 inch hacksaw, they are pre drilled, and will be safer for the heat exchanger, although you will have to trim for them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Put a 1.75 on my 96 xlt had to put 8 tooth drivers on too make is poass the front heat exchanger and also had to move my rear mounting hole down. i am running the xtra 12 though so might be different on the 10
Heres some pics

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
I've seen a 2" on an XC 700. Not sure what modifications he may have made though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts