Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Siphoned out a half cup of water from one of the cylinders on my 97 zrt 600. My best guess is a drain line was seated in a pool of water and a vaccum caused it. Any other ideas? Also, how would you go about getting the remaining H2O out? I was told by my dealer there is no drain plug on this machine. Any help would be appreciated.[?][?][?][?]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Pull the plugs and just keep cranking on it untill you don't see any more water coming out of the plug holes. Make sure you shut your fuel off. When you think you've got it all out, dump a little gas down each of the plug holes, put the plugs in and try firing it up(be sure to turn your fuel valve back on). You may need to do this several times untill it stays running.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I helped a guy this weekened, on Mattagami River, with a 1997 ZRT 600, the one carb had a ton of ice on it, we had to pour hot water on it, and I gave the guy some gas line anti-freezem, why would one carb have more ice than another.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My buddy had a similar problem one time and believe it or not , his AIR box WAS filled up with water , not actually filled up but more then 2 cups worth anyways. ..
But that's the least likely of the cause.
MY honest guess is that you either have a bad gasket or a cracked cylinder.
Take the head off and have a look , cause you can't rid it like that ,, so once the head will be off , i'm; sure you'll see that either 1 or more gaskets are shot or one of the cylinders are cracked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts