Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna put a handle bar riser on my xlt and need to know how tall i can go befor i have to change cables and wiring?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
3" for sure maybe 4" if you cut some wire ties and do some rerouting.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I went a 5" riser on my 2001 ZR 800. But, just take your handlebars off and pull it up as high as you can and just measure the distance from the bottom of the handlebar to the top of your steering post.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
3-4" watch your throttle cable.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i put a 3" on my ultra and every time i turned right the sled would pick up speed for some reason :( 2" will work

·
Registered
901 Posts
2" on a xlt without extensions

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry for steeling your topic, but I have related question. What is a good height for improved ride comfort? I have a 96 Indy 500 (evolved body) and my buddy has a 96 XLT (wedge body). We both agree that my sled has a much nicer sitting position. It really seems like you need to lean forward to reach the bars on the XLT.

How high do you have to extend the bars to get them to a nice cruising height? Do you need an articulated riser? Any recommended kits?

2 inches just seems like it wouldn't do much, but maybe that would bring them to the height of most other sleds.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
OK
to settle everyones questions how far can I go to whats the best cumfort
all You need to do is loosen you bars and get a 2X4 peace of wood and put it in between and have someone hold the bars and get on and get a feal

all of you that want to know what the best comfort would be- we dont know what position is gonna be good for you....you need to see for yourself

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^ i was gonna say the samething

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
On my 1995 XCR 600 I had a 3-inch riser on there with no problems. I also put the same riser on a 1993 XLT (580 motor) and it worked perfect on there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts