Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my rear sus. out to put new shocks and springs and have the rails powder coated. and now i dont know how to get it back in. the holes done line up...... do i need to compress it or something?

by the way its an xtra 10 if that information is needed.

ive been workin at it for over 3hrs now and i cant get it to line up. and with the new springs and fox shocks in it. the sus. is pretty stiff. i loosend up the springs to the lightest setting. but i still cant figure it out.

I NEED HELP!!!!!

Thanx N|ck

·
Registered
482 Posts
yeah you need to use ratchet tie down straps, compress the front and rear individually. first get the front alligned, use a floor jack if you need to. then compress or decompress the rear as needed in order to line up the rear.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
put the front bolts in, then with a small ratchet strap compress the rear shock and spring until the bolts line up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cant get the sus. back far enough to get the front bolts in. should i put a ratchet srap around the sus and pull it backwards?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
One trick I've picked up is to take the torsion springs out of the retainers, at least this works on the wedge chassis sleds. This will decompress the suspension and they are easy to put back in later.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
PM sent baney8184

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by rev500ss
[br]put the front bolts in, then with a small ratchet strap compress the rear shock and spring until the bolts line up.
Thats what I do, it was a major pain in the A$$ the first time I had to do it, now its a breeze, you'll get it down.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Tripple 650 is right on. Front bolts first, Then unhook the rear springs (one on each side) and swing the ends back to the rear of the machine.(you will have to pick the rear of the sled up to do this) You then can can move the mounting arm fore and aft at will to line up the holes. From there just get the height right and whalla

Some guys tell you to lay the sled on its side to do this. I care for my sleds so when they are on there side it is not on purpose. I have parted so many sleds that I built this hoist contraption you can see in the back of the picture. 100s of uses.[attachment=51541]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Originally posted by baney8184
[br]i cant get the sus. back far enough to get the front bolts in. should i put a ratchet srap around the sus and pull it backwards?
Dumb question Did you loosen the track adj. bolts on each side all the way? If not that will help greatly. Also yes, I have been known to put a ratchet strap through the suspension and tie to something firm and pull it back.
Try a RMK suspension by yourself!!!!even with my contraptions it is a B.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'll be the third one to say...Unhook the torsion springs fro the rail. Front bolts first...then the springs...rear arm is then free to move around and line up as you please...then hook the springs back up. Done! 10 minutes

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got it back on. i used a ratchet strap to compress the rear arm with the springs on it. and it pretty much went right in.

Thanx for your help Guys,
N|ck

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
one thing i'm not sure has been mentioned. Make sure the rear wheels are loosened and pushed all the way forward. (like you were going to loosen the track)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts