Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove these screws? I have tried Grease, WD-40, a torch and all they do is strip out

Started as a #3 Phillips Screw

Most are still able to squeeze a # 2 in and have a grip.

Anyone got a way, or ideas how?

Thanks, Auto part Rotor Disc brake Wheel Locking hubs

Auto part Disc brake Clutch Rotor Brake

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part

· Registered
116 Posts
have you tried a hammer? take your screwdriver and put it in the screw. turn it with a little pressure. just about to strip it out. then take a hammer and whack the ever loving shit out of the screwdriver. it might work. same principle as in impact wrench.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
^^^impact screwdriver, sell them at autoparts stores or you can get it thru Autozone loaner tool program, leave deposit that u get back when u return the tool

· Registered
2,324 Posts
mr_green said:
they actually make a tool that works great for these. a hand impact driver

I have worn out 4 between my tractors trucks motorcycles and anything else I can think of using it on.

I googled it quick and found one at sears for $33.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00915232000P?vName=Tools&cName=HandTools&sName=Screwdrivers&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IAx20090815x000001&aff=Y
I use that hand impact driver for all kinds of stuff. As you hit it with the hammer, it drives the phillips head into the screw and also turns it. The hammer strike also helps break it loose. Awesome tool in my opinion.

· Registered
1,359 Posts
after you strip it out you can try a deck screw bit or a square bit and if that dont work get a small drill bit and drill the center out and get a easy out. if that doesnt work take it to a professional lol

· Registered
842 Posts
Rubi said:
mr_green said:
they actually make a tool that works great for these. a hand impact driver

I have worn out 4 between my tractors trucks motorcycles and anything else I can think of using it on.

I googled it quick and found one at sears for $33.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00915232000P?vName=Tools&cName=HandTools&sName=Screwdrivers&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IAx20090815x000001&aff=Y
I use that hand impact driver for all kinds of stuff. As you hit it with the hammer, it drives the phillips head into the screw and also turns it. The hammer strike also helps break it loose. Awesome tool in my opinion.
Definately a MUST HAVE[thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.