Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about buying a new riser kit for my mxz but im not sure what size the bars are? the bars are off of a 1997 ski-doo mxz 583.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
most stock bars are 7/8 if you go with a set of fatboy bars there 1 and 1/8 i beleive so do your homework before you buy a new set of bars.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
v-max, wow really? so if I go with fatboy bars for my gade it would actually be thicker then oem bars? 7/8" versus 1 1/8" thickness wall right? got a site for it? I want to take a look into this.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by Revagade800x
[br]v-max, wow really? so if I go with fatboy bars for my gade it would actually be thicker then oem bars? 7/8" versus 1 1/8" thickness wall right? got a site for it? I want to take a look into this.
Lets say if you do up a set up like mine, see my thread in genral. and i bought 1 and 1/8 bars, i had to by adapers to fit my riser. but imo well worth it. they go back to 7/8 for your controls though.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
oh so are they teh bars u see on dowhill and freeride pedal bikes? they are very thick where they clamp on but becoen smaller to teh standard size where u hold on to? i know my mtn biek is liek thsi but i kinda thought the 1 1/8 bars were thicker walls but slighty bigger in size just not quite 1 1/8 wide

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
hey is this it? doesnt say "fatboy bars" but I think I finally have found it, it even say 1 and 1/8" thickness infomation on the list... and it lists only 90 dollars not too shabby.. so I finally got the right info, etc ?

Patented taperwall design (patent #5,117,708).
45% stronger than conventional .875" (7/8") bars.
Computer taperwall tubing.
The strongest oversized bar on the market.
Massive 1.125" (1-1/8") diameter clamp area.
Shot peened and anodized finish increases fatigue life.
35% lighter than conventional .875" (7/8") bars.
No slip clamp area with bar position index.
Pad sold seperately

1 - 9 of 9 Posts