Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 02 ZR800 EFI CCE WITH THE ADJUSTABLE HANDLE SO YOU CAN PUT MORE OR LESS PRESSURE ON THE FRONT SKIES.I JUST BOUGHT THIS SLED . HOW IS THE BEST WAY TO SET THIS UP FOR ALL AROUND RIDING? .AND IS THE NUT UNDER THE HANDLE FOR LOCKING IT INTO PLACED AFTER YOU ADJUST IT? THE MANUAL DOES NOT GIVE A LOT OF INFO.ALSO DO YOU ADJUST IT WHILE YOUR SITTING ON THE SLED OR OFF IT.DOES YOUR WEIGHT MAKE A DIFFERANCE. I WEIGH ABOUT 225LBS. THANKS

·
Registered
482 Posts
are you talking about the fox shocks remote reservoir? or limiter straps-which i would adjust to change ski pressure, adjusting the shocks for spring dampening

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THERE IS A LARGE HANDLE IN THE CENTER OF THE HANDLEBARS. THE MANUAL STATES THAT YOU TURN TO THE RIGHT TO PUT MORE PRESSURE ON THE SKIES FOR HARD SURFACES AND TURN TO THE LEFT FOR LESS PRESSURE , FOR POWDER CONDITIONS. MY QUESTION. IS THERE A WAY TO SET IT FOR OVERALL CONDITIONS, THERES NO WAY TO TELL HOW FAR TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT YOU SHOULD GO . THE HANDLE IS NOT MARKED ,JUST HAS A LONG TREADED ROD .AND YESTERDAY IT SEEMED TO KEEP COMING OUT( COUNTER CLOCKWISE)THER IS A NUT UNDER THE HANDLE THAT LOOKS LIKE ITS THERE TO LOCK IT WHEN YOU GET IT ADJUSTED THE WAY YOU WANT IT , BUT I COULD NOT MOVE THE NUT , EVEN WITH A WRENCH.

·
Registered
482 Posts
handle or round knob? Sit on the sled and bounce around while turning it, see what you think feels firm, not too stiff and not too soft.

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
He's talking about the FOX remote reservoir...
[attachment=53562]

It's basically a trial and error type thing. Set it at one spot and ride, if you don't like it, adjust either way you think necessary. I usually jump and down on the suspension when I adjust mine...get a little fluid flowing everywhere. There's not really any 'sure fire' spot for general riding...there are too many variables for that.

Oh, and if you could, please turn off the Caps Lock and type normally. Thank you. [:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
should i back it off and then jump up and down , then try to set it . what happened i think is i adjusted it to far in then it was darting back and forth a lot at about 40 to 50 m.p.h.. also do you know if the nut under the handle is to lock it once you set it?

·
Registered
482 Posts
The knob should just stay where you put it, there is no locking nut. its supposed to be adjustable on the go-anytime. feel it out

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
I've never seen a nut on them. Like stated, the adjuster should stay were it is...the oil pressure exerted both ways should make sure of that. If yours doesn't stay where you want it, you probably have issues that need to be taken care of.

As far as setting it, you don't have to jump on it if you don't please. They are made for a "set on the go" design, which means you can adjust it whenever you please. Be it stopped, or riding down the trail...

·
Registered
82 Posts
TYPE WHATEVER WAY YA WANT.HAHAHAHAHA
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]I've never seen a nut on them. Like stated, the adjuster should stay were it is...the oil pressure exerted both ways should make sure of that. If yours doesn't stay where you want it, you probably have issues that need to be taken care of.

As far as setting it, you don't have to jump on it if you don't please. They are made for a "set on the go" design, which means you can adjust it whenever you please. Be it stopped, or riding down the trail...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have this adjustment on my sled as well. If I am riding hard pack trails, I adjust to the right to increase pressure on the skis for better handling and turning. In more powder, I adjust more pressure to the track and less to the skis by turning to the left. I do not believe it really has any set limits for size/weight of the rider. I adjust many times during a days worth of riding depending of the conditions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DOES YOUR HANDLE FEEL LIKE IT HAS PRESSURE ON IT ALL THE TIME? IF I ADJUST MINE TO THE RIGHT FOR MORE PRESSURE THEN RIDE FOR AWHILE MAYBE 5 TO 10 MILES I CAN SEE THAT THE HANDLE GET LOOSE , IF I TURN IT TO THE RIGHT AGAIN THER IS NO RESISTANCE UNTILL YOU TURN IT IN MAYBE 10 OR 12 TURNS THEN I FEEL RESISTANCE. THATS WHY I WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE SHOUL BE SOME TYPE OF LOCK NUT TO KEEP THE HANDLE FROM TURNING BACK OUT (TO THE LEFT).

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
If that's the case, I would say either you have a bad/broken connection somewhere, or you are in dire need of a shock rebuild. There should be resistance on the adjuster at all times via the shock fluid.

Mine did the same thing you are talking about earlier this year. I found out that one of the lines had broke, so the fluid had nowhere to go. I could turn it to the right only so far, since you can only compress a fluid in a confined area so much, but if I loosened it, it came unscrewed easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts