Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the secondary apart on my 96 ultra to clean it and replaced the buttons. Put it back together and it won't run.belt goes half way down. Which way and how far should I turn the helix when assem.? Could the spring have lost tension during storage? Maybe some could walk me through how to assemble to see if i missed something.Ran great last year should have left it alone. Just got 15" and I'm bumming!

·
Registered
777 Posts
disasemble again,First make sure spring is in bottom hole of moveable sheave,then put helix on and put spring in 2-3 hole,line up key way in helix and moveable sheave,install key,now while turning movable sheave 1/4 turn conterclockwise, push down on helix.install at least one washer(shim) and snap ring (Chamfered edge) toward helix,and your good to go .more tension,more rpm

·
Registered
129 Posts
write on xc...yu have to have pt some tension on the spring before yu push the helix down in....helps to have a snowbuddie with ya to help...like xc said make shure that spring is in that sheave hole...yu mat have to tap it a little with a screwdriver...when yure done yure sheaves shuold slide all the way closed if the dont yu know yu goofed up....try it several times so yu get used to it...secondary clutch is easy to service once yu get the hang of it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I wasn't winding it up enough before putting the clip on. Just got it together and sled runs fine now. Just took a spin in the backyard. Were loading up now and heading out! Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts