Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im fixing my Dads sled for him because hes gone away and he just bought new risers ect. Ive never *Blead* any sort of brakes before. I heard that after you remove the old line and install the new one your supposed to squeeze in the brake pour in fluid open up the valve on the bottom untill everything in line and master cylinder is full. only problem is there is no sort of valve on the bottom like I was advised there was.(ohh and its a 99 powder special 700). Thankyou very much any help would be great!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Look at the brake caliper, near the top or on one of the sides there should be a nut that sticks out and has a little hole at the top of it, that is called the bleeder valve. When you pour the fluid in loosen this valve to let the air out of the system.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
here is a pic of the nut you can also put a hose on it so you don't get break fluid all over the sled
[attachment=52513]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, fixed my problem and everything is working fine, I don't know why I thought there was supposed to be a nut on the master cylinder. Thanks you guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts