Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2003 xcsp 800 and I'm doing the first chain case oil change on it and how do I do this lol.. Someone said u can just let it drain into the bottom of the sled or somthing but that doesn't sound right.. Can some help me or give me advice haha.. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
There is a drain plug on the bottom of the chain case, look under the sled on the right side and there should be a hole in belly pan where you can see a plug that unscrews with a allen wrench.

·
Registered
669 Posts
98700xc said:
There is a drain plug on the bottom of the chain case, look under the sled on the right side and there should be a hole in belly pan where you can see a plug that unscrews with a allen wrench.
should be a 3/16ths allen wrench if i remember correctley [;)]

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah he is right, i would personally pull the cover off and check for wear and make sure that everything is tight. just my opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Can someone give me a procedure how to properly change it I just don't Wanna mess up lol. And I have quite a bit of filings on dipstick so I should take it all apart eh?

·
Registered
197 Posts
For mine all i did was place a drain pan under the chaincase area for the fluid to drain into then took off the cover bolts, then pulled off the cover and just waited till it drained out of the belly pan (then you can go thru everything) then to replace make sure your seal is in the cover and will not get pinched then put it on and bolt it in then fill in from the dipstick hole.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I usually suck all of the oil out with a brake bleeder (these are a great tool for many different tasks). There is usually like half an ounce left in, so i put a rag under the chaincase to catch that. I have never had to change the chaincase o-ring, it has always come out nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts