Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html

I have been using it to find the snow in Maine and NH for years. It is the best. you can zoom in on your state. pick snow depth and check to make sure the date and year are correct. It use to default to the right date but wont all the time. Hit Redraw and there you have it. there are alot of things you can do with this map. you can even compare snow pac from years past and tones of other options.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i have this saved to my bookmarks

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/nerfc/graphics/snowmaps/html/snow_depth.html

·
Registered
203 Posts
thats a cool map but its not exactly accurate, i'm in an area with at least 6 inches of snow and it shows nothing! but still a cool site!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah, the NOAA maps have been very accurate in past years, but this year seem way off. It shows no snow in my area, but we've got 6".

And the local doppler didn't show any snow falling here over the weekend, but we got 4" or so. One time the snow was so heavy I couldn't see the house across the street, yet it didn't show on the doppler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fonz27 said:
thats a cool map but its not exactly accurate, i'm in an area with at least 6 inches of snow and it shows nothing! but still a cool site!
Realy? I dont have too much of a problem. I know in some towns it may show 6". I wont drive for that. It sucks to head out and find small banks and grass in spots But if the map shows a foot or more it is mostly spot on. If not I keep heading north. Its still better than calling the local fuel spots (LIKE Pinkhems New Portland)and they tell you, All kinds of grooming at night, and head 4 miles up to camp and find Nothing! Like they did to me last weekend. That reallllly sucked.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Yeah, the NOAA maps have been very accurate in past years, but this year seem way off. It shows no snow in my area, but we've got 6".

And the local doppler didn't show any snow falling here over the weekend, but we got 4" or so. One time the snow was so heavy I couldn't see the house across the street, yet it didn't show on the doppler.
Thats what Im hearing, Maybe the site had been outsorced over seas some where

1 - 5 of 5 Posts