Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
When I use my tilt trailer with two sleds, I pull the first one back a little, then tilt the trailer, then pull the other one back until both of 'em are mostly off the trailer, then drive forward with the truck. It's best if you have someone to catch the trailer when the sleds go off to keep the trailer from banging on the frame...

I have seen some guys pull 'em completely off as well, but then you have to pull 'em around, and I'm lazy. ;)

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I just pull them back, tilt the trailor, then pull them off the rest of the way.

If I am feeling lazy I just pull it off without tilting the trailor.

·
Registered
901 Posts
the only time we use a tilt trailer is when one of my friends come to my cabin with me and my dad. but all we do is the two of us lift the front of the trailer and it goes by itself then drive the truck forward. the trailer we use is really easy to tilt with two sleds on it one guy can do it easily but two is even easier

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
me. i grab the back bumper and pull and walk it off until i cant anymore then i pull the truck forward.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Originally posted by matthew28
[br]here is a noob question how do I get the sled of the trailer without starting it its sits on a tilt trailer...and yes feel free to make fun of me lol

I was wondering the same thing but how to get it on the trailer! I just bought a 98 powdeer special that needs a top end so were going to need to pull that tank up onto the trailer.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If your hubs don't have a grease fitting then you pry off the cap, take the cotter pin out, unscrew the bolt and remove the hub. Pull the seals and bearings, repack the bearings replace them and the seals and put the hub back together...I cheat, I put bearing buddy's on so I can keep them greased and I don't replace or repack the bearings unless there's an issue. Haven't had a bearing go bad on the snowmobile trailer yet. Frequent lubrication is key to happiness grasshopper.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I use a big pair of channel locks to remove the bearing cap... Usually, I will put tape on the jaws of the plyers to keep the cap from getting scratched, then just wiggle it back and forth until it comes off. Putting some bearing buddies on sure saves doing all that work, though...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i love having an enclosed trailer its much more fun that a tilt u get to drive on and drive off but u get some longtrack sleds in there it can start to get real fun try to drive off without hitting or scuffing other sleds short tracks are fine but with long tracks you have to plan where you sleds go so that they fit and have room for the sleds to drive off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.