Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Polaris fusion. i put a mbrp exhaust on and in the first day of riding it left a black film on the out side of my plastic. i tried wiping it off it doesn't wipe of very easy. does anyone have any idea of what i should try? its right under the side panel on the blue. [:0]

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The outside? Like you can see it from the outside of the sled, with the hood closed?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I use oven cleaner but be carefull spray it on a rag and wipe not on the plastic. If you let it set on the plastic it will eat it away. Dont spray on paint or aluminum either. It works wonders on exhaust valves too.

·
Registered
632 Posts
wd40 and a tooth brush.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Brake cleaner, carb cleaner, and electrical parts cleaner are all the things I have tried. All work with great success on every surface you can find under the hood of a sled. You will need a rag to help remove the film, but sometimes if the film hasn't been there for very long it will come right off with the brake cleaner.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
driftpounder said:
Brake cleaner, carb cleaner, and electrical parts cleaner are all the things I have tried. All work with great success on every surface you can find under the hood of a sled. You will need a rag to help remove the film, but sometimes if the film hasn't been there for very long it will come right off with the brake cleaner.
Make sure you use brake cleaner NOT brake fluid, brake fluid will eat pretty much everything it touches.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
WD is the safest to use. Brake Cleaner works great too but be a little careful on where you spray. It will bubble paint pretty quick.

D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks every one for your help.I will have to try that and see what one works the best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts