Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I do to get more hp more torque/top speed less weight just general all most speed out of a 97 mxz 670? I am hoping to get some twin pipes very soon, also thinking about UFOs, new clutch spring, maybe a 24 gear tooth for the top gear,plastic skis and then the last thing i can think of is to get it bored out 2 over so its a 685. but i wanna stay away from the bore out for a while. so anyone have any other ideas what i can do for more hp?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Best way to get performance out of a 670 is to get a 800 motor or light it on fire and push it down a cliff

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha funny matt i already have an aftermarket can which im ognna be swithcing to some pipes hopefully any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Originally posted by Ecko_9v90
[br]Best way to get performance out of a 670 is to get a 800 motor or light it on fire and push it down a cliff
what the hell are you talkin about??
670 is a great motor........

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got studs. clutching as in take it in and get a professional to clutch it up right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you really want to make that 670 scream install UFO's on the carbs, short intake boots, a "501" rotary valve from ski-doo, and a light weight adjustable pins kit from goodwin for the primary clutch. My brother has a 97' 670 and we did all the above, but we modified the rotary valve slightly, his exhaust system and engine are all stock and it will beat a 800X, by doing all the mods above you will be amaized how much this engine will scream and how much faster the sled is. email me if you need any more info.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey BskidooC
its an inside joke between me and madwarrior bout the fire thing of course the 670 is a good motor its not made by polaris.

·
Registered
22 Posts
u taking those pipes there adam? how bout that gear cause today im changing it back to what it was and restudding the track

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by nytroking002
[br]if u dont have studs i would get them and it sure will feel like extra horsepower
^^ very true!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ultimate fuel optimizers u put them in ur carbs to stop the gas from hitting the "cups" im not sure what they are called but u save in gas milage and u gain a lot of horse power. they ar in royal if u want to check them out. i dont kno i will deffintly take the pipes if they fit matt. why u restudding it for? and what are rotary valves? and how do i install them?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Originally posted by Ecko_9v90
[br]Hey BskidooC
its an inside joke between me and madwarrior bout the fire thing of course the 670 is a good motor its not made by polaris.
lol...ok icic

·
Registered
22 Posts
im restudding for more traction.. hell why not.. you change rotary valves by using duct tape and a blow tourch there adam lol j/k.. did u realyl roll ur sled?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
did i ever hurt like hell lol still in pain did nicole get my love letters on the roof? lmao

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hahaha stop leaving love letters to my g/f there adam or ill start sending ur mom those sexual letters again and watching ehr throught the window j/k.. all studds are IN this week will be fun.. get those god damn pipes on

1 - 20 of 30 Posts