Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wel today i went out and i tried getting some height over the aproaches. but everytime i tried, my front end would go straight up. is this because i am not letting off on the gas in the air and breaking in the air to bring my front end down. also do you think my suspension would do half decnt for this type of thing i know its not a pro x but its got the fox clicker racing shock

·
Registered
393 Posts
Your rear end is dropping because your on the gas to much off the lip. You need to just keep a constant speed to the lip of the jump. Also dont let off the gas all the way either this will make the front end dive. Just keep a nice consistent amount off throttle going when you leave the transition, once in the air let off and correct using your brake and gas.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I would listen to ripperd. heck look at him in is avatar pic. high and flat.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
[attachment=51759]

Just work the throttle properly and rarely have to use the brake when in the air.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
dont fall for acg picture for one minute. the advise is good. and the photo is good. but he is leading us to believe that is him. his sled is red. that is a photo copied from a mag somewhere.

·
Registered
855 Posts
you think my XC can handel a road crossing jump ???

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
your xc can take it i jumped a road on an elan once. hold it going up when first i nthe air keep thrttole steady only break and let off if the nose is really high. letting off can throw the nose to much. just learning is hard ot get sued to but once you no how its really easy.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
and that is ACG on his x2, his new sled is red if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah I read about that in a magazine and it works great so as your going to the jump keep a good speed till the lid like everone else said and I also had this same problem by the way but when ur in the air if your give it gas in mid air your sled will lean back and like your problem and like mine was when your in mid air tap the brake if your nose is to high and you will level out guarantee this will work good luck !

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
steady throttle, lean forward. A stock bar setup makes it really goony to jump. Clicky the video link in my sig....theres a decent amount of jumping in there. It's nothing big but we're not gooning out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
too much throttle at the top of the jump
all personal vehicles want to climb when you stay on the gas until you ae in the air.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i just got back in from a ride i took all your guys advice im starting out not big but small so i dont kill myslef but at least i got it level

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
thanks i needed to know that too

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]dont fall for acg picture for one minute. the advise is good. and the photo is good. but he is leading us to believe that is him. his sled is red. that is a photo copied from a mag somewhere.
Ummm...That is me. My sled is black. See....
[attachment=50653]

Oh yeah, and that is me in the first photo too. That is my X2....
[attachment=33145]
Remember me doing the hood after I piled it up last year?
[attachment=20093]
The skid...
[attachment=20091]
In the shop...
[attachment=13090]
Next to the POS in my yard...

Would you like any more proof?

I will give you some more. That is a jump pman built when I went riding there. Here is pman and the Fusion.
[attachment=51853]

Here is my friend Matt on his XLT. Remember that post about "You don't need a racing sled to jump"?
[attachment=51854]

And here is another of me. Why would I have so many pictures of the exact same jump?
[attachment=51855]

Believe me now?

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
i'm guessin most ppl stand up ... i dunno why but everytime i stand up when i jump my ass ends up over my head ... it launches me upward

1 - 20 of 35 Posts