Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, was playing with the idea of some boost. I have a couple questions though.

1. At idle, jetting will be easy to keep constant. Now, as pressure rises, 1psi, 2psi, 3psi how would I keep the jetting correct? Will a compensator work or do I need something to electronically manage it? Looking to ride at a set altitude with no actual +/- in elevation.

2. Fuel pump. Would I need an electric one? Im assuming I would because under boost it will shut the fuel pump down. I could use a boost pressure switch that turns on an electric pump under pressure.

Any tips would be great. Looking to do this for a school project.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Check out snowest and the turbo builds on there. Also look at what Silber has in his kits or any of the other turbo builders for that matter. www.silberturbos.com

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you need an electric fuel pump with a boost reference fuel pressure regulator.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
What kind of sled is it going on?

Reading this should keep you busy for a couple hrs and have everything you need to know.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149418

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't know why you couldn't do a little searching for yourself. You young guys on the forum can't spend 5 minutes searching to answer your questions, but you'd rather ask and get uninformed answers from some blowhard who has absolutely no clue what he or she is talking about. How many legitimate turboed sleds have you seen that are owned by members of this forum? Personally, I remember 2 sleds, a turboed 4-stroke yamaha and a Josh's RMK. Likely, you're not going to get very many answers or very knowledgeable ones at that. You know there are many mountain builds on Snowest or BCR. Anyone who is serious about finding this answer out would immediately look in that direction. The only reason that you were posting this here is for the "look at me factor"

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RMK-KING said:
What kind of sled is it going on?

Reading this should keep you busy for a couple hrs and have everything you need to know.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149418
Thats what I've been looking for, thank you.

flatlander_summit said:
I don't know why you couldn't do a little searching for yourself. You young guys on the forum can't spend 5 minutes searching to answer your questions, but you'd rather ask and get uninformed answers from some blowhard who has absolutely no clue what he or she is talking about. How many legitimate turboed sleds have you seen that are owned by members of this forum? Personally, I remember 2 sleds, a turboed 4-stroke yamaha and a Josh's RMK. Likely, you're not going to get very many answers or very knowledgeable ones at that. You know there are many mountain builds on Snowest or BCR. Anyone who is serious about finding this answer out would immediately look in that direction. The only reason that you were posting this here is for the "look at me factor"
Actually, I searched SnoWest in the Ski-Doo turbo section, as well as the Polaris and Cat turbo section and found nothing. I then posted it in the Ski-Doo Turbo section with no replies. At least someone in this forum could point me in the right direction.

This topic can be closed as I have what I need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.