Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well..i bought that ultra 2 month ago and i went for my first ride last weekend and i founded that the front suspension was to low.... how could i bring it up... i don't know if there is a special tool required or if i only compress the spring and put the clip higher...
thanks for help!!! those are fox shock

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
dont the ski shocks have threaded piece to screw up or down?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it doesn`t look like tread ..... look more like slot that you put a clip....but it is covered up with plastic... so i cannot see if there is a clip or something.... didn`t have much time to look at it.... i ll try to have a closer look tomorrow after work.....

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
it should be threaded. with the sled off the ground spray some lube on the threads. and then start threading them up to compress the spring. you might need to use pliers to get them to loosen up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It might have the short shocks on it that only have about 3" of adjustment and you'll be lucky to get 1" of actual ride heigh difference. If you have the longer Fox shocks you can get a little more height.

Also, when you twist on the spring it works easier if you take the weight off the shocks by lifting up the front end. If it's the threaded type shock you should be able to just twist the spring and raise or lower the adjuster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey well didn't have time to look at it last night i was working on my back up sled but.... thanks for the tips i just wanted to get some info before i try to lift it up...i dont want to break anything.... look at the pic the lower bar are almost horizontal...it is ok on a trail but on deep snow it's no good.... and i also want more wait transfer to the back....cause those sled spin to much...[galleryattach=12247]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if the sled is spinning to much you need to lengthen the limiter straps. they are the rubber straps near the front of the rails. make them a little longer by loosening a nut. there is one on each side. loosen them about a 1/2 inch at a time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
there should be another hole in the top mounting bracket on the front supension. that should lift it up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i lifted it a little bit this weekend...and did a litle tunning on the back suspension also..and it ride a lot better.....
I also Took my first ride this weekend....sled working pretty good..did over 150 miles....i just hope now that she last all winter hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts