Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2000 zrt is running lean which way would i turn my screws in to make it richer..i been doing this on my xc 700 and i been screw them in 1/4 turn at a time and starting to get it to where i want it but for some reason i can get my plugs to brown on the zrt

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
You probably need to change your main jets and not mess with the screws.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Temperature change, and maybe your rings are starting to wear out. Could be time for a top end. I've noticed worn out motors run richer as well.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i honestly dont think i would need to do a top end but maybe i have 120psi all the way across its just running lean and i dont want to blow the motor

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Are you doing wide open throttle tests when you check your plugs? WOT for 10sec and hit your kill switch while keeping the throttle wide open,if your plugs are not white and the sled is running good you have nothing to be worrying about.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if there not white and a little gray dark its fine? and another? why is it hard to start back up when i stop beside the trail and its warm

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
so if there not white and a little gray dark its fine? and another? why is it hard to start back up when i stop beside the trail and its warm
Good coffee brown color is what you are looking for.

Do you crack the throttle a bit when starting it when warm and out riding?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
my 2000 zrt is running lean which way would i turn my screws in to make it richer..i been doing this on my xc 700 and i been screw them in 1/4 turn at a time and starting to get it to where i want it but for some reason i can get my plugs to brown on the zrt
Those screws only change the air mixture at idle and just off idle. Here is a diagram of what part of a carb controls fuel flow at a specific throttle position.

View attachment 201012871822828_11351.pdf

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Changing gas blends...? More ethonal? Different brand? My xc was always spot on but the last few years have brought about some changes and I have jetted accordingly. I think its mostly the gas...my opinion of course.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whitexc said:
Changing gas blends...? More ethonal? Different brand? My xc was always spot on but the last few years have brought about some changes and I have jetted accordingly. I think its mostly the gas...my opinion of course.
we might be getting somewheres here I'm starting to run 93 ..instead of 87 so will everything thing be fine or do I have to change some things

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have you cleaned your carbs? Could be some build up in/around the jets causing a slight lean condition since you said this just came out of the blue.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scorch said:
Have you cleaned your carbs? Could be some build up in/around the jets causing a slight lean condition since you said this just came out of the blue.
Yes they have been cleaned

1 - 18 of 18 Posts