Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Just wondering if anyone could give me ideas on how to make my riser look better, they would be greatly appreciated.
[galleryattach=13408]
I was thinking of putong the original handlebar cover on and filling in the gap with some sort of black tube but I don't think it will work that well

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have seen guys fill the gap with black canvas. Have also seen black drain pipe. I personally like the raw look. Thats how my pro x is.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Sew some black vinyl onto the bottom of the stock handlebar cover. And sew some velcro on both sides. Then it will wrap around the exposed part of the riser/steering post. Make it long enough to extend under the hood.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by JD
[br]Sew some black vinyl onto the bottom of the stock handlebar cover. And sew some velcro on both sides. Then it will wrap around the exposed part of the riser/steering post. Make it long enough to extend under the hood.
^^^ Yeppers. I had my wife add some elastic material to the original handle bar cover and it looks nice. I need to add some at the bottom though so it extends all the way to the hood. I'll snap a photo tonight and post up tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas, I am probably going to try adding some vinyl to the bottom, I will get a pic after I get my throttle extension and hand guards installed(if I decide to buy some)

I may just leave it how it is and buy a pad, one piece that goes at the bottom of the steering post is not on (ordered new one), so it might look better when I put that on

·
Registered
364 Posts
black tube form lowes works grate
[attachment=29313]

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think the bare bones industrial look is much better. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Left mine bare bones too. Didin't like the factory cover after the riser.

[attachment=51973]

I rerouted the cables behind the post to clean it up a bit...
[galleryattach=13440]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Here is a picture after my wife added the stretchy material.
[attachment=51976]
[attachment=51977]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I just used dome loom and took some time and Mine turned out pretty good I think!!

[attachment=51396] [attachment=51398]

DW

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't thought about this in a while, however I finally went with the mechanical look and bought a One Industries handlebar clamp pad and grey/black Powermadd handguards for it, still looks kind of akward from the stock handle bar bend

1 - 17 of 17 Posts