Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i am new to the site. i am thinking about getting a edge to put my xcr motor in and was wondering how much of a job i am looking at. and what will fit from the gen 2 to the edge

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
It's been done several times. With a proper motor plate, you can pretty much drop it in, with the stock pipes.

HTG used to make a kit, you may be able to find one used.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
storm80097, what are you motivations for the swap? Do you want something different, aimed more at the "mod" status?
Or do you just want the better suspension of the Edge?

If you just want the better ride quality, You can put an edge suspension into your sled. I see that you have the 2001 XCR8. That's a rockin' sled, I'd hate to see that one get pieced out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
storm80097, what are you motivations for the swap? Do you want something different, aimed more at the "mod" status?
Or do you just want the better suspension of the Edge?

If you just want the better ride quality, You can put an edge suspension into your sled. I see that you have the 2001 XCR8. That's a rockin' sled, I'd hate to see that one get pieced out.
It is a sweet sled, but in my opinion you can't beat the XCR 800 in the edge chassis. I built mine last year and I plan on keeping it for a long time. It is such a blast to drive. You can go out the lake and be very competitive yet still ride on the trail and take up all the stutter bumps and big woops with ease.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
PolarisIndySKS said:
I know a guy right now with an 04 pro xr 800 edge chassis, with an 800xcr engine in it. It has the HTG pipes to.
ya its for sale on the cl

·
Registered
197 Posts
yellowstorm800 said:
We make our own kit. It allows you to use stock gen 2 pipes or HTG gen 2 pipes. Pm me if your interested.
Im interested in your kit could you please pm me with pics and more info
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i am interested in what is in the kit and how much

im not gonna get rid of the sled i just wanna save the sled and beat on the edge i like to ride the rough stuff and i can bring myself to tear up the xcr chassis. and after i get the edge built and taken care of i would like to get another 800 motor and put back in the stock xcr chassis.

any info you guys have i am thankfull for.

·
Registered
411 Posts
To use our kit you need to send me a set of 700/800 twin edge motor straps. If you don't have any we can supply you a set for an additional cost. We then machine the edge straps to accept our motor plate. All you have to do is move the left front rubber mount over in the chassis. A very easy thing to do. We also send you an air box plate. You use the stock edge air box and just cut a 3rd hole in the air box plate. You will need to get 2004 pro x 440 intake boots. (part numbers are included in the instructions) There are very detailed instructions included with some pictures. You can use stock gen 2 pipes. You will have to take out the right front hood screen and trim the inside of the hood a little bit. Again nothing serious at all. If you use HTG gen 2 pipes there will be no trimming of the hood but you will have to trim the front bumper support. It looks very clean and factory when it's all done. We have been running this kit in our own sleds for a couple of years with no issues. We have since sold about a dozen kits since. The cost of the kit is $250 plus shipping.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will my slp pipes work as well do u know.. how long does it take to get the kit ready when i find an edge to buy and get ready for it

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't know if SLP pipes would work or not. I imagine they would but no guarentee's as we have never tried them. We have kits made up and ready to ship.

·
Registered
292 Posts
LOL... This thread is over 4 years old... Start a new thread if your looking for info on this topic... Some of these members may not be around any more!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts