Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my helmet a Jmax with a shield and everything. I leave it cracked a bit so the shield doesnt fog up. But I noticed that my glasses fog up. I know there is anti fog spray but i dont know if it works. Does anyone have any sollutions or know if that anti fog spray works. Thanks

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Best solution I found was to get contacts.

If I stopped my glasses fogged. So I tried to not stop.

This year I am using contacts.

No fog crap never worked for me.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i bought some rain-x anti fo i beleive it was meant for windsheilds it kinda works for glassses but not the greaatest

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I've used that anit-fog stuff on my goggles and it seems to work really good. Although that was the cloth stuff from Scott, not a spray.

It should work on glasses just the same because most lenses are plastic now anyways.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I remember ( maybe 2 years ago ) there were a guy on this forum giving out samples of his stuff to 1st 20 members and he asks them to return "feedbacks, opinions, etc" to him, anyone remember him? what was his user name? I forget, but I do definitely remember that topic!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
i use the anti fog cloth too by scott seems to work well in most conditions. but i still have trouble when it is really cold out and frost builds up on my goggles.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have had the same prob for 10 years!! Cant find an anti fog that works. Not stopping seems to be the best solution so far, or just leave the sheild completely up. But you can imagine how much that sux.
The antifog is a little better, I was gonna try rain-x's product this year, and if that dont do it, Lasik will.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by Revagade800x
[br]I remember ( maybe 2 years ago ) there were a guy on this forum giving out samples of his stuff to 1st 20 members and he asks them to return "feedbacks, opinions, etc" to him, anyone remember him? what was his user name? I forget, but I do definitely remember that topic!!
I still have a sample of it. Didn't work for s***when it got really cold -10f.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm. still not quite sure. i like the not stopping part the best i guess. but i will try a little bit of everything. but maybe once i have my face mask on as well when i breath it wouldnt go up into my hlmet and fog my glasses. but if it does i will try some spray stuff and then use some other tricks. i also heard to use shaving cream on them. but the guy that told me im not quit sure if i can trust him. but any ideas are good ideas. thanks

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I did the shaving cream, tooth paste. I have tried it all in 18 years of riding. Nothing worked good in my mind. Have you considered contacts. Best decision I have made.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
How 'bout a No Fog mask ? I have used one for about 10 years now and when riding with sunglasses on , I dont wear glasses, they never fog nor does my shield. I feel it is the best piece of riding apparal I have ever bought, after 10 years I finnaly wore it out and last year I bought a new one. http://www.nofogusa.com/

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you have a scuba diving shop near by get some dive mask antifog. That may do it for you.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so u might be saying the helmet i just bought might be usless unless i want to put up with fog? so if i got a non fog shield for my helmet or get a new helmet it wouldnt fog my glasses up either? sounds like a good idea. i ocul probably just get a new shield for it

·
Registered
199 Posts
i dont know if they make them for snowmobiling but , i knoe they have paint ball masks that you can buy small fans that mount inside and they work great , you could probally put one in your helmet easily enough

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i checked out that site it is great. i found out they also sell the same stuff in royal and its gonna be a present of mine i already talked to mom about it :D. i almost thought i was gonna have to ditch my hoodie to buy this. but good old christmas

·
Registered
725 Posts
ya I have the same problem, I ordered some anti-fog stuff from Hi Perf and it seems to work good. I am lucky though because my helmet actually does not fog them up, it is the only full face helmet I have ever wore that dont fog up my glasses, maybe its because I ripped off the shield and have to use goggles now [:p]

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Only thing ive found to work is to not breathe at short stops. Aside from that i usually end up riding with no goggles on after the first 20mins. Makes it cold on the face, especially when its -40C. Ive heard of goggles you can get with fans in them but i figured it would dry out your eyes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts