Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen in many pic of people wheelieing. I have attempted to try but failed so if you could give the steps to wheelie a snowmobile

·
Registered
737 Posts
loosen the limiter strap

·
Registered
713 Posts
Get you weight as far back as possible, without falling off, and smash on the throttle. should work, just feather the throttle to continue or to put the nose back down.

·
Registered
364 Posts
what are you riding ? first thing to do is loosen the limiter
straps and if that don't work play with the scissor stops. its all in weight transfer the more you have the more you will wheelie. but you need to remember where thing were before you start might mess the ride up just trying to get it to wheelie..
[attachment=25414]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I just pin it and pull at the bars. Practice in some deeper snow to get the hang of it first. If you have a pogo stick vmax it may be a little more difficult as they are front heavy and dont have a lot of rear suspension travel. But its still doable. Studs help with wheelies.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what kind of sled do u have? if u ride in powder, ur gunna need a paddletrack, and if u ride on hard a$$ sheet like in ND, ur gunna want studs. All u do is put ur two feet on the pull bar in back and pin the sheet out off it and pull back.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You want to set it up to get the most weight transfer possible. Start by taking out the coupler blocks (if you have them), loosen the limiter straps, loosen the rear springs and tighten the front arm shock spring.

·
Registered
963 Posts
basically what everyone else said, loosen the limiter straps and make sure that the track has enough clearence which it should. use you scissor stop adjuster in your tool kit and put the fat end towards the back. you can also move them back if you really need too. studs will help.

·
Registered
492 Posts
yep what he said^^^^^^^^^^^ well all of them

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I just pulled out my rear suspension blocks.....no limiter strap adjustment needed.
She'll pull the skis easily every time you pinch it....no matter the speed.[:p][:p]
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[:D]

P.S. I am NOT a fat chick either!!!!![}:)]

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Lol. Fat Chick=RipnChick[:D] jk
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]I just pulled out my rear suspension blocks.....no limiter strap adjustment needed.
She'll pull the skis easily every time you pinch it....no matter the speed.[:p][:p]
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[:D]

P.S. I am NOT a fat chick either!!!!![}:)]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just remember when you do a major adjustment like changing limiter strap lengths in a major incriments, you will also change the handling chararteristics in big incriments. For example coming into and going out ot corners, the sled's handling will change. Prime example is when you are coming to a corner one would usually let off the trhottle a little to gain some control and then back on the trottle for your exit but if the suspension is set up for doing an easy wheelie, the front end comes up and the sled will go straight instead of turning. No skis on the ground equals going straight. Wheelie's are fun and look cool but just remember your riding style when you make changes on the suspension, last thing you want to do is spank a tree coming out of a corner because of sled set-up. Just a thought.

·
Registered
586 Posts
isnt that bad to pull those suspension block out if your sled is going to be in the air at all because thats what helps transfer the down motion to ur shock and springs

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.