Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 98'rmk the black plastic below the cowling is stained fromm the aluminium that get's rubbed off where the cowl sits.Have tried varsol,tub&tile cleaner,industrial cleaners even polish that is supposed too restore black on your car.Anyone got a solution??

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I ran into the same problem with my RMK, I used that grainy orange hand cleaner and rubbed over it. Takes it right off!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Have you tried a Mr. clean eraser pad? I used one on my sled and it is amazing what those things will clean .Give it a try , just wet it with water and scrub away.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i tried the orange hand cleaner with the (pumus???) in it and it seamed too take the finish off the plastic also.So i would have too do the whole belly pan to make it look good.The ATF didn't do anything so the Mr.Clean scrubber is next.I'll keep you posted.
Thank's

·
Registered
844 Posts
Besides dulling the finish, did the orange stuff remove the
discoloration you were talking about? Maybe there is another citrus based cleaning product available without the pumice?
(Check under the kitchen sink!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The orange didn't remove all the discoloration and never got a chance too try the Mr.Clean scrubbers.Will look UNDER the kitchen sink C.S and see what is hidding there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well took C.S's advise and took a look under the sink and found Lysol bathroom cleaner.Just got in from the shop and the stuff cleaned the plastic right-up.Used a little scrub brush and them wiped it off with a damp cloth.Left a little haze on the plastic so i sprayed it down with wd-40 and wiped it off.Look's like new again.Thank's again.[:)]

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
justmake sure that when you use the breakfluid that youdont getit on your paint as it well wreck the paint in no time and it welljust look like crap

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by neu0006
[br]Well took C.S's advise and took a look under the sink[:)]
LOL, wasn't ment to be advice, I was asking also!!
Glad it worked out though!!
Maybe it will work to get the Yamaha ski mark off my skidplate!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts