Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I ran a polaris trail fan cooled engine in my golfcart. I rode it all summer up to 100F and never had an issue with heat.

I've ridden my sled when it was 50F.

·
Registered
73 Posts
it puts more power and energy towards your fan rather than your track, so it wont run at top speed, but other than that you can run it a 50 degrees and you will be fine. ive done it before when i had my 550 and its fun as hell riding in a T shirt

·
Registered
474 Posts
It causes your engine to run hotter which will make it wear out faster. If you want to run it in warmer temps it can be re-jetted to compensate for the temp. The engine is built basically the same as a dirtbike just they are jetted different.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
always ran my fan on the lakes in the spring when I had it!! sunny days warm weather, nothing like ripping down the lake in a t-shirt!!! Never ever had a problem with heat.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
ride it reason it wont run the best it'll be over rich ,the warmer the richer they run ,you are suppose to rejet with leaner main jets when its warmer

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
With mine (mostly because it is carbed rich the way it is) hates anything above freezing, still ridable and doesn't hurt anything, but it shure doesn't have the zip like it does at -10!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
You can run that sled at ANY temp. it will not hurt it at all. Fan cooled engines run all times of the year w/o damage. Fan cooled engines are jetted rich b/c the fuel acts as a coolant of sorts to keep the engine cool. Take it out and run it!!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
tell your dad to look at all the air cooled and fan cooled lawnmowers, motorcycles and atvs that play all summer in the hot weather

·
Registered
12 Posts
When i rode for a long ride it was -1 and it wasn't as fast for top speed, and by the time i got home (like 3 hours later) i could smell my belt, it was pretty hot. but other than that it ran almost perfect. mine is a 500 fan cooled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts