Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been hearing rumors lately that ACT shocks blow very easily and often need rebuilt. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this, even if they dont have the shocks and if you have friends who have them let me know what they say about them. i just wanna know how hard i should thrash on them this winter or if i should go easier on them at first before i findout more. thanks.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I have around 2500 miles on my act shocks and they are still perfect. I rode a lot of ungroomed trails with big 3ft bumps. Also rode some 2up with my g/f and they didnt bottom then either.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, you think i can thrash on them pretty good then? because i'm known to be a very agressive rider, i like riding bumps and hitting them hard. Right now i'm 220 pounds, i plan on being around the 200 pound area, do you think my weight will affect the shock at all? i have an ACT piggy back clicker, and an ACT on-the-go adjustable front shock in the rear suspension. I still have stock front shocks and springs but this year i think they will be fine, i will just stiffen them up a little.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i have a 02 CCE withe ACT shocks on it and a lot of the riding i do is ditch banging and they seam to take that beating

·
Registered
448 Posts
My father had the ACT shocks on his sled and they always worked good until he took a Rock to the Front end and dented in the shocks.

I just bought him 4 new Kimpex Pro Gold shocks so hes [:D]

·
Registered
48 Posts
just remove every piece of sled thats under your butt and replace with polaris..everything will be ok !!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys, and as for the polaris comment, i'm devoted to cats mine has served me well. Besides, i love being able to do wheelies and not having the front end go down until 60 MPH.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Please! There is no better ride than Cat. Word is that Poo may stop making sleds soon. They sell alot more ATV's and Victory bikes. Try not to take it too hard
Originally posted by oceancowboy
[br]just remove every piece of sled thats under your butt and replace with polaris..everything will be ok !!!
[:D]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, Arctic cats are very dependable, as long as they are setup for your needs. No matter what brand it doesn't do any good if it's setup to do trail riding and you try to do sno-cross with it. Ohwell all of the brands have their good and bad parts. Ski-doos are popular, but arctic cat is starting to go to the top again. Ski-doo is starting to run out of design ideas i think, it seems i've seen nothing but the REV chassis for awhile now while arctic cat is redesigning. No i'm not forgetting about yamaha...yamaha has gone all 4-stroke so they have lost many of their buyers from that, arctic cat is one of the few who is going to stick to the 2-stroke i think. Ohwell just saw this in my topic so i decided to post on it. I don't mean to offend anyone by these opinions i'm just stateing some facts. As long as your snowmobiling and having a good time while keeping our passion alive, it doesn't matter what kind of sled you ride.

·
Registered
128 Posts
They are great, no need to worry!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Zcat600
[br]Please! There is no better ride than Cat. Word is that Poo may stop making sleds soon. They sell alot more ATV's and Victory bikes. Try not to take it too hard
Originally posted by oceancowboy
[br]just remove every piece of sled thats under your butt and replace with polaris..everything will be ok !!!
[:D]
After the Fusion, that really doesn't surprise me. LMAO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts