Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i decied to try a set of fox floats for my race quad. now they are just floats. i bought them off a fx nytro sled, they fit perfect.shox are almost new all seals good. now the thing that kinda worries me is if the seals will last in the conditions i will be using em, sand,dirt,etc. i have nearly nothing out of pocket into these so if i decide to resell i can easily make my money back. so wondering if anyone can give me any insite on these and how they will react and what i should do!

thanx!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aren't the guards just a plastic peice to protect from rocks and deprie?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
no you can get cloth covers that wrap around the intire shock. they are about $30 but i think that would work

·
Registered
538 Posts
from what i know float shocks were originally designed for trophy trucks. so i dont think you'll have an issue on your quad. but i'd get some rubber shock covers just to be safe.

·
Registered
538 Posts
http://www.sealsavers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=2
Fox floats are about as thick as dirt bike inverted forks. Give these a thought.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, well I've got it together got the shocks on and it sat so low I was mad and remeberd its on air. Pumped them up to about 95 psi and perfect. Thanx man

·
Registered
702 Posts
Got pics? I wanna see some air!

Vid???

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
??we still. Have snow so no riding just wheelies in the road like a moron! But from doing wheelies and letting it drop, it feels smooth illl post vids up wen I can't hit the track again...does anyone out there have spair pump also I can buy lol?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts