Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its 100 degrees F here and 86% humidity so i thought about takeing some pics of all the new goodies. just throwing this up to see how everyones off season is and how all the projects are coming along.


I bought a few new things for the ultra so its a little better for next season. I got a new 121"x 1 1/4" camoplast track for free so i can replace the one thats about to fall off the ultra. then blacktar came over and bought a cluch from me last year and gave me 144 woody studs for free (Thanks a bunch), also i have a xtra-10 that im going to throw in with a fox clicker in the rear another fox n the front. also got new fox shocks for the front. i got sick of my homemade riser last year so i bought a rox ajustable riser 4"-8" of rise. and i got a koso water temp gauge so i can watch the motor a little better.

so far i made a new snow flap out of a mud flap from a semi and i remounted my gaugepod on the hood with the new tack. lots more to get done before the snow flys!

20107142073722_30620.jpg

201071420750803_30620.jpg

20107142083163_30620.jpg

201071420814663_30620.jpg

201071420825772_30620.jpg

201071420837757_30620.jpg

201071420849975_30620.jpg

20107142091803_30620.jpg

2010714209137_30620.jpg

201071420924538_30620.jpg

Lets see what you guys are doing this summer. toss up some pics.

-sTOrMy96
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Nice looking sled, and it keeps getting better!
I got a project, theres a post on it about tunnel strength.
00 xcr 440 chassis with 700 twin in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tdgbigfoot said:
Nice looking sled, and it keeps getting better!
I got a project, theres a post on it about tunnel strength.
00 xcr 440 chassis with 700 twin in it.
Thanks, Yah i dont think it will ever be complete. im always changing somthing.
I saw that post. looks like you have some fun ahead of you. I would look into cutting off the bent part and fabing up a piece to take its place. or i would drill all the rivits and get a new tunnel. Its easy for me to just say without seeing it in person. I cant wait to see it completed.[thumb] Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Not sure if it counts, but this is taking place of any sled plans for me.





Those are the only 2 pics i have of it, even though i've probably taken close to 100. [confused]

Its a 1997 F-250, 178,515 miles right now. So far its stock except intake, and a 120v IDM. I've been fighting problems due to old age and previous owners, but i'm about finished with repairs. I'm hoping this summer it will be getting a leveling kit, better rims, off-road bumper, larger injectors, 4" exhaust, bigger HPOP, custom tunes, and maybe some other things. I should be around 330-350 RWHP when its all said and done. I'm hoping that by the time i graduate i'll have 375-400 HP, which means it will either get a built auto or a 5 speed swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
i know how you feel stormy96 in is soooooo hot out today in mn and we been re roofing a house and remodeling our camper so hopefully winter will be here soon
by the way that sled is looking good keep up the good work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
indyrider15 said:
i know how you feel stormy96 in is soooooo hot out today in mn and we been re roofing a house and remodeling our camper so hopefully winter will be here soon
by the way that sled is looking good keep up the good work
I was down in minneapolis this morning when it was raining and as soon as it hit the ground you could see it start to rise back into the air. it was weird. roofing in this heat could be deadly. to hardfor your body to cool itself off.
Thanks man....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
I haven't touched the sled since I put it away this spring. Lately the schedule has been work, eat, sleep.

With the hot steamy weather today I would have given anything just to see a few snow flurries fall from the sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brian126 said:
I haven't touched the sled since I put it away this spring. Lately the schedule has been work, eat, sleep.

With the hot steamy weather today I would have given anything just to see a few snow flurries fall from the sky.
I put mine on the sled trailer in the spring, never did anything to it to summerize. just put a cover over it. I walked out today pulled the rope and she popped off in one pull. thats great for sitting for just over 3 months not running. I missed the smell of the 2-stroke cold smoke! gonna bring her around front in the next few days to start in on the new track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
ya its nice in the morning but around 11am it starts to suck the shingles start to rip and the shingles start to burn when you pick them up so ya this warm weather sucks its nice around 70 to 65 in the summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
i been redoing my iqr, i just got the oil injection on it! :) now i gatta do some astetics and maybe powedercoating an shell be reay to go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bj.hardy said:
i been redoing my iqr, i just got the oil injection on it! :) now i gatta do some astetics and maybe powedercoating an shell be reay to go!
you should toss up some pics of it. herd of you doin one but you have no pics....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
tdgbigfoot said:
Nice looking sled, and it keeps getting better!
I got a project, theres a post on it about tunnel strength.
00 xcr 440 chassis with 700 twin in it.
Thanks, Yah i dont think it will ever be complete. im always changing somthing.
I saw that post. looks like you have some fun ahead of you. I would look into cutting off the bent part and fabing up a piece to take its place. or i would drill all the rivits and get a new tunnel. Its easy for me to just say without seeing it in person. I cant wait to see it completed.[thumb] Good luck.
THanks bud. I know what you mean, gotta always make it better right?
I herd about the cutting and welding thing, but couldnt do that myself, so im gonna try to bend it somehow, if not then another tunnel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tdgbigfoot said:
sTOrMy96 said:
tdgbigfoot said:
Nice looking sled, and it keeps getting better!
I got a project, theres a post on it about tunnel strength.
00 xcr 440 chassis with 700 twin in it.
Thanks, Yah i dont think it will ever be complete. im always changing somthing.
I saw that post. looks like you have some fun ahead of you. I would look into cutting off the bent part and fabing up a piece to take its place. or i would drill all the rivits and get a new tunnel. Its easy for me to just say without seeing it in person. I cant wait to see it completed.[thumb] Good luck.
THanks bud. I know what you mean, gotta always make it better right?
I herd about the cutting and welding thing, but couldnt do that myself, so im gonna try to bend it somehow, if not then another tunnel.
you could cut iy out and rivit it togather. try to bend it an it its no good then i would try to find a new tunnel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks like its way taller than that lol i have a 8" in mine and it looks short compared to that[beatup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
845 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
looks like its way taller than that lol i have a 8" in mine and it looks short compared to that[beatup]
Probably because I have the console off, so more of the steering post is showing and stuff.
here it is with an 8" block and straight bars with all parts still on haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
try and get rid some of the rust spots on my new ride, Got rid of my old F-250 due to somebody slamming into it with a combine. Don't ask how but he lost his breaks and my truck was the thing that slowed him down, So now I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport that I got for a reasonable price. It just has a few small small spots of rust that I know are there and I would like to get rid of. Have to learn how to do that so it will be a good project for a few days or so. I am also working to get a new sled eithier an edge 700 that I would extend to a 144 or 136, A pro-x would be nice, A RMK 700 is also on my mind, that and an F7 or crossfire. So basically in short my brain is thinking of which sled to get for next winter.
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Top