Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 1995 Ski Doo Formula STX LT to putt around on and am in the process of getting it snow-worthy. I was wondering if anyone knows how many ponies the 583 RAVE motor was rated at in this puppy, or knows where I can find out?? I've tried the owner's manual and Ski Doo themselves and struck out in both places...

Thanks![/font=Arial]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i posted the same topic last yr and some one told me right around 94 hp stock exhaust but i am not sure if he was right but he probly was most these guys seem to know there stuff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys,
The Stx's were rated at between 103 and 105 Hp, they used the same engine and exhaust as the formula Z's and Mxz's but the Stx's used 38mm carbs. The other late 583's(mxz&Fz) used 40mm carbs and their hp out put was 106 to 108. These are numbers that I got at the Ski-Doo update schools, I have been a certified Ski-Doo tech since 1989.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by modtodd82:
Hi guys,
The Stx's were rated at between 103 and 105 Hp, they used the same engine and exhaust as the formula Z's and Mxz's but the Stx's used 38mm carbs. The other late 583's(mxz&Fz) used 40mm carbs and their hp out put was 106 to 108. These are numbers that I got at the Ski-Doo update schools, I have been a certified Ski-Doo tech since 1989.
[/quote]

Wow!! No kidding??? I'm impressed. The 550 in my Cougar is rated at 80, so I thought that a slightly larger displacement and the RAVE valves would up the rating to 90 or so. 103 to 105 hp?? Outstanding...
Thanks for the info, modtodd82!!![/font=Arial]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts