Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ripsaw 1.25" track, put 1.325" studs on it, put it all back together and found that it rubs. I talked to a bunch a people who have done it on a 99 SRX and said it is possible. Why am I having problems. Is it just me????????????

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Where does it rub, up front or the top? If anything, maybe smaller drive sprockets.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Sounds to me you need smaller track drivers to get you the extra clearance.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The SRX's were very inconsistant with the room allowed up front. Some were lucky enough to fit a 1.25 lug under there and others were not that lucky. Your only option now is to switch to 8 tooth drivers. Let me know as we have them in stock if you are interested. The drivers will need to be pressed on and off. There is no other way to do it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea, you're not supposed to be able to fit anything more then a 1.00 inch track in there. The only thing u can do now is find someone to buy track and buy a one inch, or smaller drive wheels. RX1CBPP is right, I think they are inconsistent too as I have heard people putting a 1.25 inch in their. The previous owner did that in my sx too, the front heat exchanger looks like it could leak any minute, he ran studs with no protectors too. Some peoples kids lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts