Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These Honda's nowadays sure can carry a big load. I'll take email pics this weekend weather permitting. Guess how many caribou I've carried on my Honda.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Caught 3 caribou, brought some to the community freezer, and went on CB asking anybody to pick up remaining meat. Couldn't find right battery for my camera.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
good for you inuk.

we have to wait till fall to start hunting again. You must really live way up there. I would like to hear more about your life up there sometime.

That's cool that you have a community freezer for meat.

Do you have good fishing where you live?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Arviat, Nunavut. Right now, we are catching char, arctic char that is. I haven't had time to fish lately, too busy getting ready for the Great Northern Arts Festival.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I looked you up on the internet. Sounds like a great area. Man you are really up there. What's it like to live close to the Arctic Circle? I'm glad to see you're people are trying to retain some of the old ways. My dad says we have some indian blood, but I don't know. I do like to hunt and fish though.

How do you make money for your snowmobiles?

Here are a couple web sites for the other guys who might be interested.

http://www.kivalliq.org/eng/arviat.html

http://collections.ic.gc.ca/arviat/enghome.html

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up here, winters are long, We are frozen 7-8 months of the year. Lakes start to freeze Mid-Oct. and thaw late May/early June. But the past few years have been different. Less snow and shorter spring.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to answer your other question. Some people work for the Gov't, etc. There was also a program with our gov't, called Hunter's Support, where hunters received snowmobiles/ATV's/boats with a little financial contribution. Myself, I work, so I''ve bought most of my snowmobiles, but my XC 500 was a giveaway from my brother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts