Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question of the day......

My 1997 Indy 500 carb comes with an Xtra-10 suspension in front and rear. The shocks are Indy Select hyraulic in the rear and Nitrogen Cell, threaded adjustible in the front. I will need to replace them this season or next, are the gas shocks going to give me enough of a better ride to warrant the cost? Are kimpex gas good enough or will I have to buy Fox or Ryde shocks to make a noticable difference? Cost of the Kimpex gas over the hydraulic is $40. Let me know what you think.

Thanks [:)]

·
Registered
117 Posts
My personal experience has been that SOME kimpex parts are okay however if the part has no waranty once it's been installed like shocks and electrical components, stay away from it.
I installed a kimpex shock on my last sled and it blew on the first trip out. I couldn't return it because of their return policy.

Jeff

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on Kimpex. Anybody else have an opinoin of Gas vs. hydaulic??

Ride On!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've run Kimpex on my A/C EXT and Polaris XLTs with no troubles for 2 seasons. I would only run gas though. Fox seemed awfully expensive to me but then again, I've never tried them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts