Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have heard that hyperfax's are nice and instead of melting at 400 degrees with the hyperfax it will melt at 700. i went out on a rid today and we had 5 inches. i was in the ditch and some spots in construction zones were horrible. i was trying to get in as much snow as possible. i couldn't put my scratchers down because there are so many roads you have to cross. then i heard this sound when i started to move. it sounded like a tank. dddddddddddddddd. anyone know what this is? how well do hyperfax's work?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Can you explain what was happening a little bit better.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Weak description of the problem...possibly the track ratcheting, blown drive shaft bearing.

Give us more details.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i know that wasn't the best description. when i would accelerate right bellow my right foot coming from the track was a noise that kind of sounded like a clicking one. i think i was overheating my hyfax because we weren't in much snow. the more i went in fresh snow the more it went away. i couldn't hear it after i was moving 10 plus.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yes hyperfax are great for that kind of ridding if there is only a little snow or groomed trails you can get away whith kicking snow on your inner track avery 5 min or so or get in some deep stuff as much as possible. my buddies and i run no extra boggies along our rails only the top setts and rear boggies the hyperfax work great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts