Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ? for you guys.My sled was running great on are ride yesterday,then i lost all my top end.Runs great at a idle,starts with 1 pull.Pulls great from idle to about 3/4 throttle.Any more throttle up from 3/4 it boggs.Can anybody tell me where to start?

03 700 rmk
slp single pipe/silencer
slp air horn kit
v force3 reeds
cheater head pump gas 92

·
Registered
450 Posts
sounds like either your belt is worn .. check your deflection. either or you have a carburetion issue.. doesnt take much to plug up a jet.. check it out

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Probably tore a bellows and not allowing your valves to open up. Check it out before you ride again otherwise you'll be replacing your valves.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
check your ves bellows, also look at the ves springs to see if there not sagged out. only other thing i can think of is carbs might need cleaning.

cheers

·
Registered
459 Posts
^^^^ I agree, check for a torn VES bellow. My 2002 700 tore one, and I could only get 7000 rpm out of mine. One sure sign is oil on the end of the VES cap.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i ripped both of mine last week the were $37 a piece and made a world of differnce when i fixed them. be sure to heat the inside cap that screws on to hold the bellows on to break the lock tight i didnt do it and i broke it off

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i will look at carbs 2morrow,and if they look good i will look at the bellows.Right side has oil coming from it(ves)
Checked compression and it was 132 on clutch side,140 on the other.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Originally posted by kessinger700RMK
[br]ok i will look at carbs 2morrow,and if they look good i will bellows.Right side has oil coming from it(ves)
Replace one or both belows, and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
344 Posts
clutch alignment might be messed up. last winter our 700's clutch failed on us. stopped because a moose was on the trail, tried to go again and the clutch wanted to be doing 70, not 5.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by kessinger700RMK
[br]ok i will look at carbs 2morrow,and if they look good i will look at the bellows.Right side has oil coming from it(ves)

pulled ves apart left bellow had a tear in it.Didnt pull right side out just going to order parts for both sides.Hopefully this is my problem.thanks guys for all the info heres a few pics of tear.

[attachment=59279][attachment=59281]

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts