Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all the things I can do. These wipers have me beat. They are like solid. The wiper just doesnt slide off. It has a hole in it and then from the wiper arm there is a little round metal piece sticking out going threw the wiper to the other end of it and then seals. What I thought was just a clip is something else. There are like little metal pieces that go around this metal thing and into the wiper? I have no idea how to explain it. IF anyone has this truck he will know what Im talking about off the bat because its the worse setup ever.

If you need pics let me know. Its rlly hard to explain it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
If it's like my 03 there will be a little tab, it's usually pretty hard to slide off, I usually just bust them off with a screw driver or a hammer haha.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Small tab inside the hook of the arm.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
^^Yup, that's how it was with my Blazer, took me a little bit to figure it out too so don't feel bad.

·
Registered
910 Posts
yea there is a very little tab under the hook arm push it down and pull hard, or like stated just put a screwdriver in there and bust it out, DON'T bend the hook though!!
if all else fails send Sean a pm he knows all!!! LOL

·
Registered
67 Posts
on my 91 C1500, my wipers don't have the tab, you have to bend the ends on the blade away from the windshield and then it will release itself and you can pull it off the wiper arm. I hated those clips that some wipers use, so I bought these ones, they are nice, when the blade forms to the shape of the windshield it grabs a hold of the pin coming from the wiper blade.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
ZRT600 said:
If it's like my 03 there will be a little tab, it's usually pretty hard to slide off, I usually just bust them off with a screw driver or a hammer haha.
When in doubt hammer it out huh? LOL
When all else fails get a bigger hammer lol. I don't know what it is with those style, sometimes they just don't want to come off. Thats just the easiest solution. [:D]

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
^ That is thrown around a lot in our boces shop a lot. my friend made a homemade oil filter wrench by using a screw driver. Also what is wrong with drop starting a saw? teachers do not like it when u do that, that is how I start my chainsaws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts