Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is insane. We have some snow here, it sucks but it's good enough to at least ride around a bit.

The hi temp for tomorrow according to weatherbug is 42 friggin degrees. I dunno, I am so depressed right now it's unbelievable, this will melt the snow, then it will get cold and turn what was sort of decent snow will then have a huge layer of ice on it and it will be un-rideable.

I can only hope weather.com is right cuz their hi temp for tomorrow is 33. That wouldn't do much of anything.

[V]

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hear you man, the hi here tomorrow is supposto be 46!! we have no snow, but still very depressing. I gotta quit spending money on my sled, I keep buying stuff for it, and never get to ride it lol

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
yep 50s here record highs they say for se minnesota next 2 days it might be 80 in iowa who knows lol lol weather huh the bad thing is winter is gonna wind right down before u know it i bet feb here in se mn will still be snoless i have just lost all faith

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
This is just pathetic. We usually have like many many feet of snow by now. There is hardly anything to ride on now, and it will probably melt. I have to go where there is snow!!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna be either riding on ice after tomorrow, or Pro X will be sittin on trailer

·
Registered
273 Posts
You could always come to Otsego County in NY[:p]. 2-3 ft. of snow you could enjoy and the temps have been below 30 for the last 2 weeks. They're only getting colder too. There has been 2 inches of snow per day so far...until the next storm comes through.[:D]

·
Registered
155 Posts
I missed the best snow of the season to an accident. I don't have my sled back yet and it is going to be in the 50s!!!! AAAUUGGGHHH!!! I feel your pain brother. I see ice sheets in the forecast, but no snow.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Just heard on the news that this is the least snow to date for the season since the early 1980's...

(for the MN area)

-Dean

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to Naples Maine this weekend and there were at least two feet of snow everywhere you looked...some places had almost 4 feet if you weren't on a frequently used trail

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
what a friggin crock! In SE Wi there is no snow, we've had 2" total as of today and that's long gone. It's cold enough...and only light flurries are in the week forecast. Right now there's a large storm southwest of us...I hate to say it but the day may be fast approaching when we go to Illinois to snowmobile [V][xx(][:(!][B)][:0][:(][V][V]

·
Registered
186 Posts
A couple of friends and I went out to the Manitoba, North Dakota border last wednesday and rode when it was nice. The snow was still soft and there were a lot of areas to ride with nice snow. We even got lost and found out that we were somewhere off the trail on the Canadian side after we just about ran into one of these silver looking markers. It was fun but I haven't been back up there since but after the warm temps we got I am curious as to wether or not the snow is even decent to ride up there. All I can say is we rode a 100 miles that day and my body took a beating. I will be back with pictures later.

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
sounds like he went to the Turtle Mountains, they might of had snow up there then, i guess they still ahve rideable snow now, but i dont know

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah I was right near the border of Manitoba and North Dakota near Lake Metigoshie. The trails had been pounded a lot but we got of the trail and it was nothing but powder. It's well worth the trip if you can make it. Stop in Bottineau get a trail map find some powder and give her hell.

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
56 Posts
This past week on the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario we got hammered with 3 feet!!!!! The groomers are finally getting out now, and the trails are shaping up!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
this sucks, no snow, everythings hard. WHY CANT WE HAVE SNOOOOOOOOW????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
31 Posts
[}:)] you guys should come to my area..... down by the devils lake area nothin but snow and ice its a blast for a performance sled [:D] its to bad my ZR is in thief river so i gotta steal the kids sled...Jag 440 lol[:D]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts