Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cant wait till winter to ride my moto ski 440 im getting a new seat for too, i drained all of the lines of the old liquid coolant and put new in,put new bolts in the brakes,lossened them up b/c when we drove in the barn were it is it would hardly move b/c the brakes were so tight now there nice and smooth,The only things i got to do to it is put new rotary valve oil in it,buy a new fuel pump,and i dont no maybe i might have to ajust them, i have a question what does it mean when there's extra gas in the pipes we had it running and we took the pipes off to be painted and a whole mess of gas just came right out of it i know its not good b/c if it back fired wooooo FIRE but luckley we found it before it might if happened thanks for any one that reads this and plaese help me out[8D][8D]thank you Justin P

·
Registered
814 Posts
First of all, glad to see you revive an old sled like that- it's cool![8D] About the gas you found in your exhaust pipe- you mentioned you were going to replace the fuel pump- a bad fuel pump can leak fuel, flooding the crankcase and some excess may wind up in the exhaust pipe. Also bad needle valves in the carb can leak fuel causing the same condition.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Pretty cool...now just to get the snow to run it. [:p]

As for the gas, it could be either/both of the things tripleb mentioned or it could have just been flooded.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok yes,thanks when i was workin on it the secondarey clutch bolt was loose so i tightened it and the bolt broke and i was so mad and scared but some how the rest of the bolt came out like nothin so im happy for that now i just need to get a new bolt!!thanks, and i do need a new fuel pump[:(][:D][:D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts