Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my buddies house last night, and he said he had my extra helmet still from last winter. So we got to talkin about sleddin, and now i'm all pumped for the season. My sled is still in storage though :-( I got a couple things to fix on it before the snow flies though.

1. New pipe. The coupling has rusted, so now some of the exaust never makes it into the pipe, which makes it very loud.
2. Locktite skid screws, I had alot come loose on me last season :-(
3. Try to get my damn seccondary clutch and primary clutch off, so i can rebuild them.
4. Rebend my rear bumber since my stupid friend rear-ended me.
5. secure my front bumper, it's kinda loose.

arg, and it's still a half hour from my house in a garage.

-Dean

·
Registered
837 Posts
you know if you are having trouble getting the drive clutch off and you have the puller in and its getting very tight and not coming off, try tapping the pull with a hammer right into the motor and the shock will pop the clutch free

·
Registered
134 Posts
me and my freidns lately have been going at it about sleds...making out lists discussing what accessories to buy this year and planning a few trips up to michigan...it should be summer then winter...wheres the snow?!

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I can't wait either. I need to sell my XCR so I can get my shiny new Pro X 600 home!

First need to combine soybeans, corn and sunflowers though.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Me too. Tomorrow i'm going to work on my buddies old '79 ski-doo: new clutch, plastic skis, put motor back in ...etc. and then work on mine too. We're all so excited. Plus the temps are dropping into the 40's tonight, so winter is getting closer. Woohoo!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i pulled my sled and trailor out of storage today.....brought it home....did the usual check up...greasing and such....then waxed...put some new gas and new oil in......started and boy did she purr.......god i cant wait for the winter.....i was tempted to ripp up the lawn but decided i better not.....i dont wanta bust anything on it just yet or tear up the lawn.........so i sadly put on the cover in stuck it in the third stall.....anyone know if takin off the studs on my track would hurt it??....i bought it with them on....and im tired of havin to buy a permit for them.....so i was lookin at the track....an i noticed im missin only one stud and there was a hole u could prbly fit a pencil into or maybe a little smaller...but still...would it hurt my track???......

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i would HIGHLY recomend AGAINST pulling the studs out it will weaken your track ALOT. if you dont want the studs buy a new track just dont pull the studs or youll be left stranded and still need a new track

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I disagree with bob. Really if you pull the studs out it's a lot easier on the track, because there aren't weird stresses provided by the studs.

My sled is drilled for 144 studs but I only have 96 in. The empty holes don't make any difference. None of them are ripping or anything. The guy who wants to purchase my sled is a snowmobile mechanic and he hates studs, so he said he would just pull them all out. I asked if it made a difference and he told me what I said at the beginning of this post.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Taking the studs out shouldn't do any more damage than leaving them in,but you will notice a big difference in the handling, I'll never ride without them again. getting cold tonight in northern ontario, I can almost smell snow and burnt KLOTZ , 4 degrees tonight , celcius "EH" !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts