Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was bored so i went to the local dealer and checked out the new phazer. sat on it for a little while and i started to really like it. I like the seat design on it because you can really hold onto it for cornoring and such. i also really liked the ride hieght relation to the handle bar setup.feels like it would be a comfortable ride. but it is ugly as hell. just thought ide let everyone know my opinions on it.

Bobby

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I kinda got the same feeling when I sat on one at Haydays. I wish I would have ridden it, but I didn't feel like filling out the forms.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If I don't move down south next summer then that will be my sled of choice next winter. I'd rather jump and throw a sled around than go fast, hence why I would go for it!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
you need that bobby, that way if I make it up there this winter I can ride it [:D]

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
ya i seen it on snowmobile tv and noticed that the seat and handle bars are at a perfect height.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I get to demo one for a weekend when there enough snow here to ride hopfully in a week or 2 il have a report on one! if i like it i may have on in my grauge next winter.........

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yes they feel great, and personally, I think they are hot as hell looking! The FX racer blue only, the kahki is ugly, as well as the other colors, maybe the red is doable, but the GTs just do not look right. I cnanot wait for rideable snow!

·
Registered
43 Posts
the phazer is the ugliest looking snowmobile ever. I think even the older models were ugly as hell, but if it's fun to ride and performs well what the hell... I like how the exhaust exits through the rear of the sled. Personally I would never buy one (i'm not a yamaha guy)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It is kind of like a girl that has all the perks going on...has money, nice car, likes to sled, great sex, etc...but is ugly as hell. I guess you could call me shallow...gotta like the looks.

The other thing is that they are dangerous to other riders. Every time one goes by, you have to look and say, "Hey that guy must have hit a tree," and then you realize it is a Phazer.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got to ride one a few weeks ago in the mountains and I was impressed. The feel of the sled is unmatched, the seat, handlebars, floorboards are awesome. The suspension on the FX is probably the best I have rode and the ergos are sweet. The way it looks and feels screams sport quad. Your knees rest against the side panels like they would against the front fenders of a quad. You can really throw it around. The motor needs help though, it has a bit of grunt but nothing to brag about. If you are addicted to the snap of a 2 stroke then you wont be happy. In the hands of a good rider this sled would probably school larger sleds all day in the twisties just on susp and handling alone.
[attachment=48108][attachment=46845]
[attachment=46844][attachment=50289]

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the front end on those things are way to short, if you hit something at a decent speed your toast. I personally would like to have something between me and the tree that i hit. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Originally posted by snowsoon
[br]the phazer is the ugliest looking snowmobile ever. I think even the older models were ugly as hell, but if it's fun to ride and performs well what the hell... I like how the exhaust exits through the rear of the sled. Personally I would never buy one (i'm not a yamaha guy)
Apparently you have never seen a Freestyle! [:0]

·
Registered
510 Posts
i bet the power feels like your driving an old toyota corrola with an automatic. you press the gas and it kind of moves formward and gets up to speed in 10 seconds.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Originally posted by AHood
[br]i bet the power feels like your driving an old toyota corrola with an automatic. you press the gas and it kind of moves formward and gets up to speed in 10 seconds.
Well if I were you I'd probably not gamble, you'd lose.

Its a 4-stroke, and you get on it, and it goes, if your cruising
and goose it, and gives more.. remember this is 80hp.

I can tell you compared to my XCR, the power is instant on with my phazer. my XCR builds up to its power.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
ya the powerband is basically all 70's from engagement to peak, I have driven mine for about 20 feet, it has way more grunt at engagement then my 98 XCR had!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im actually thinking of buying on this year and for 699 bucks more it comes with a 5 year warranty.im not a yamaha guy by any means but i like the feel of it from just sitting on it.plus i know a guy at the dealer and can get it at half mark up so thats always a plus

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
dude if u hit something at a decent speed ur toast on any sled. You don't got anything protecting you from flying. Doesn't matter how strong you are you are to go flying. The only thing that would stop you is the bars and if it does you can count on broken ribs.
Originally posted by phazerman6
[br]I think the front end on those things are way to short, if you hit something at a decent speed your toast. I personally would like to have something between me and the tree that i hit. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
So bob when do you pick it up.

My brother had one, then he traded it for a yz250f. Likes it much better. Still has the 01 edge x.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts