Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sex, I mean snowgoer, every year the march issue is the same thing. We got to ride the new sleds and they are sooooo great last years sleds feel like crap cant hold a candle in a race bla bla bla.... but then during the season they find all these little things that just make the sled bad. why dont they say, we rode it and it feels just like last years, or you need both hands and then some to pull this johnny popper over ten times before it will start, or if you are over 5'10" you will crack you knees on the couling because of the new sitting position and the feeling when a belt brakes, dont ask, just carry extra shorts!? I was talking to an artic cat speed shop that ran into about a half dozen 900s at the speed runs over this last winter and the pros trying to tune them sleds couldnt get over 107. the cats 800s by the pros were in the 111s mark. I know its new but super trax said it will pull a lake like a t cat. dont think so. It doesnt have the rs and you lose tourque trying to gear up for top end. the rx1 might be the new lake runner.
it seems some sleds are more specialized. the 900 might be a rocket on the trail for short corner to corner but suck on the lake. were the rx1 might be the oppesite. who knows?? I love being hard on new sleds, especially when they are slow and suck gas. and produce little horse power for there ccs.
LOL. ha ha ha just getting a little dander up out there!!!!!!

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
lol

Nothing like a good rant I guess.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
the 900's only 107? if this was less than 1000 ft i believe it. guy i know has had his over 110 in 1000 ft on shaved ice dead stock- well studs, no engine/clutching changes, and no picks. i was there so i can vouch for it too.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't know, I rode one when we were testing exhausts and it seemed to have quite a bit more than the 800. But we were only doing 150 foot sound runs. The first couple of passes I thought something was wrong cause it would only get about 7600 rpms, then I remembered that it is a longer stroke compared to the 800, thus more torque, less rpms. Although with twin pipes we spin it up to 8100 or more. It'll rip yer arms off tho!!!!

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the info i read on the engine said that it was at a 7300shift rmp if you had that engine and torque at 8100then you might have something. 7300 is just to slow for racing. you are geared to high and jackshaft speed is everything.
I shouldnt be to hard on the thing it is new. the artic team i talked with said that alot of these pro teams take a brand new sled and start it down the line. they said on there 800 the first year wasnt so great but now that they got the heads set right and the chasis all squared up and a speed track on the can get close to the 112 most the time and consistantly run 110. most tcats ran 106-107 bone stock easily112 with an amature doing guess work and 115-118 with a little set up. thats some good numbers and hard to beat.
nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
they don't say bad things because the companies give them the sleds. Think about it if you got free $8000 piece of equipment before they are release would you say bad things about the guy who gave it to you?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
they don't say bad things because the companies give them the sleds. Think about it if you got free $8000 piece of equipment before they are release would you say bad things about the guy who gave it to you?

[/quote]
good point- oh yeah, and expect to get it back?

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts